• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Dansco is right for me?

5 posts in this topic

I'm wondering which Dansco I want: I want it for lincoln cents, 1909-present, possibly with room for proofs. Does the 8100 have room for 1909 all the way to this year, or would I have to buy extra pages from the get-go? Does Whitman have a cheaper album that holds all of those issues? Are there extra slots for common errors, etc.? I'm going to get an album to house my mainly circulated collection, plus anything I may pick up over the years like the occasional proof cent here and there.

I believe the Dansco albums have a spatial limit of about six or seven pages, which makes me believe that if you were to get one set from 1909-present and also have spaces for proof coinage that you would likely have to buy two books. I don't know this for a fact, but it just seems like a lot of coins even though they are only cents.

the 7100 goes to 2006, the 8100 goes up to 2007. proofs start at 1975 (or earlier if you want to swap your 68s with a pf 68s). it doesn't have ports for varieties except the 22 plain, 60 sm/lg dates, 70s sm/lg dates, 79 t1 & t2 pfs, & 82x7 vars... i wish it had more (ddo's+) but it's what i use and i'm content....

the grey 'US Mint' albums have ports for the ddo's (55, 72, & 83 if i remember correctly).. whitman has some for the 55ddo and 72 ddo, maybe more, i dont remember.... i think they're 'flimsey' though but thats just me

i say get the dansco..