• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 BB out of 5

33 posts in this topic

I think what is most telling about the IH is the total removal of mint lustre, yet the MS details remain. I had to send in 3 IH pennies before I finally got the third one graded as a MS65BR.

It has remarkable toning ( I know show me the picture - some things are not that easy to capture with a camera )

The HUGE difference I see in my Slabbed IH and my BU "cleaned" is the presence of Lustre (cartwheels) supposedly even AU coins should have this, so if the details are all there and the lustre is gone... no grade.

Even without the obvious problems on the Indian Head, I was just curious what your motivation was for sending that coin in? It's a common date that is very weakly struck, and with the carbon spotting and hits on the cheek, you would've most likely recieved a grade of MS-62 or lower.

JJ

Even without the obvious problems on the Indian Head, I was just curious what your motivation was for sending that coin in? It's a common date that is very weakly struck, and with the carbon spotting and hits on the cheek, you would've most likely recieved a grade of MS-62 or lower.

JJ

Simply my hasty mistake......won't happen again 893crossfingers-thumb.gif