• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first ebay selling experience - 1999 Special Mint Set

14 posts in this topic

Well, here I go. I've posted a 1999 Special Mint Set for sale over at eBay. I've bought some stuff over there, now let's see if I can sell anything.

1999 Special Mint Set - ends in 7 days.

I wouldn't mind opinions on whether I did a good job on my listing. (Wouldn't mind bids either) smirk.gif

Yeah, sorry Pendragon. 96% feedback and only 56 feedbacks in total doesn't do much for you if you intend to sell. Maybe talk to Hayden,he can consign stuff for ya.

They are retaliatory feedbacks .. unfortunately they are too old to do any real investigative research on the seller. I would be standoffish even with retailiatory feedback

That's ridiculous, although I suppose I can understand that. Both of those negs were from people retailiating against one of my negs. I suppose I should have waited until a moment before the 60 day limit, but that was years ago. Heck, one of the negs says "Thanks". Anyway, it's not like I'm selling high-dollar stuff. I'd consider opening a new profile, but that would start me over at 0 feedbacks.

And actually, someone did want to buy from me - they got the "Buy it now" option last night :-)

Edit: I just wanted to say that I think the situation is ridiculous, not any of your comments.

And actually, someone did want to buy from me - they got the "Buy it now" option last night :-)

[embarrassing lack of self control], they beat me to it, or I would have pulled the trigger myself. Wife has been lookin for some Susie Bs.

I wouldn't mind opinions on whether I did a good job on my listing. (Wouldn't mind bids either) smirk.gif

To reply to what you asked. A nice looking listing. Good return policy. Good pictures and info.

Id buy from you if it was a item I wanted. smile.gif

they beat me to it, or I would have pulled the trigger myself. Wife has been lookin for some Susie Bs.

Hi Narmuriel,

I've got several more of the SMS sets if you're interested. I'll offer you the same deal as the auction: $9.99 + $4.00 S&H, ins. $1.35 (optional). I'll take paypal or personal check.

If you'd still like one we could do a deal through the board's Marketplace, or I can let you know next time I put one up on eBay, which will be soon - probably tonight.

Thanks,

Michael (pendragon1998)

If anyone else is interested in getting one, PM me and I'll get right back with you.

As far as actual comment on your listing and your layout: I like it. I like sellers that provide good information about the actual item, and not just go on for pages talking about themselves. I collect the SBAs, and there is a lot of good information in that listing. I have also wondered about the price for this set, as it is not listed in CoinValues. I got one for Christmas that year, and have seen precious few mentions of it since. So, overall, good job.

I will agree with some of the earlier posters that your negatives might be a drawback to purchasers. Often people will not take the time to go look and see that the negs were retaliatory, they will just not bid.

Then it is up to us to help his rating! yay.gif Really though, as a known member of these boards should help him out quite a bit. I know I always look at the marketplace forum before venturing on to Ebay. In addition, being a member of these boards that I am familar with gives the seller preferential status. I will look at listings of respected board members first, and am willing to overlook a couple of negative hits. (Some people are just vicious.)

Although, I certainly agree that negative feedbacks definitely hurt the pool of buyers that are not familiar with the seller.

If anyone's interested in those two negatives, which happen to be retalitory, here's the story on them:

#1: Feb, 2003:

Feedback I left

"20 days to arrive, and he sent it from amazon UK; book in good shape; slow-> C+" - pendragon1998

(half.com transaction where I was the buyer)

Feedback I got

"Thanks!" -eliksir (58 negs; 87.9%)

reply: "This guy was just getting back at me for leaving HIM a bad feedback." -pendragon1998

#2: Feb, 2004:

Feedback I left

"Book was packaged very insufficiently & was damaged in mail as a result." -pendragon1998

reply: "Offered full refund... all items guaranteed to your satisfaction." - davef423 (26 f/b, 1 neg)

(Book was cheap and I needed it for class, so so return shipping wasn't worth it. It came wrapped in brown paper from a grocery bag and was ripped in several places. This was also a half.com transaction, so how could I be a bad buyer?)

Feedback I got in return

"Buyers and sellers beware of this unreasonable ebayer! -davef423

reply: Guy's being vindictive because I left HIM legit. bad f/b; Read HIS f/b from me! -pendragon1998

In retrospect, I should have waited until right before the cut-off to leave feedback to neg those two jokers, but I wasn't eBay-savy in those days (2003 and 2004), so I didn't realize that's how to do it. It ticks me off that I did everything I was supposed to do, got screwed by them, and then got neg'd because I made honest statements. There really ought to be a way to remove negs done in retaliation.

I hate that people sell stuff to buyers who pay and for all intents and purposes are done with the transaction, yet don't leave the buyer feedback until the seller gets their own. I stand by my merchandise, so I leave feedback for my buyers immediately upon being paid and shipping the item when I'm seller. If they want to neg me, they shouldn't have to worry about being retaliated against. I accept returns too, so as far as I'm concerned, if they have a problem with any of my stuff, I'll take good care of them.