• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you imagine what this would be worth if it was real?

10 posts in this topic

lol that is funny. I don't think the reverse is even the same coin though!

James

I agree. The reverse is the side that has COPY embedded into it on the obverse replica. Instead of showing that reverse another (real) Lincoln was used instead.

lol that is funny. I don't think the reverse is even the same coin though!

James

I agree. The reverse is the side that has COPY embedded into it on the obverse replica. Instead of showing that reverse another (real) Lincoln was used instead.

So that makes the seller a crook and a liar.

The very kind of person one should stay clear of.

(((((So that makes the seller a crook and a liar.

The very kind of person one should stay clear of.)))))

And of course that is assuming the reverse depicted is not the actual reverse you will receive. Otherwise I’m the insufficiently_thoughtful_person for stating such a thing. insane.gif

Well, to be honest, the seller does state that if he had to bet, he would bet that this is a replica. He is not trying to cover that fact at all. He has a return policy, 100% good feedback, and if we still dont trust him, leaves his address out there for all to see. Putting anykind of address out there on Ebay take some cajones.

He's probably just selling it because it is funny, and wanted to see what he could get for it. Bethca he clears $200 for it!

Well, to be honest, the seller does state that if he had to bet, he would bet that this is a replica. He is not trying to cover that fact at all. He has a return policy, 100% good feedback, and if we still dont trust him, leaves his address out there for all to see. Putting anykind of address out there on Ebay take some cajones.

He's probably just selling it because it is funny, and wanted to see what he could get for it. Bethca he clears $200 for it!

Say you purchased it. When you received it the reverse had copy stamped on it, would you think he had cheated you or was just being funny. His description plainly states to see the photo to make your decision.

And of course that is assuming the reverse depicted is not the actual reverse you will receive. Otherwise I’m the insufficiently_thoughtful_person for stating such a thing.

No, I would not feel cheated in the least. I know that this coin, in all probablility, does not exist as a valid coin. Like I said, a conversation piece.

You do make a good point about having copy stamped on it, vs. the picture which does not appear to. I might be a little let down if the actual coin did have COPY on the reverse, but since I was just looking for the oddity factor, it would not make much of a difference. Although, if that is the way he acquired it, and the coin does not have the word COPY stamped in it, then the dealer cant be faulted in the least.

I found the auction funny, as did a lot of others. You can tell the dealer did this partially for amusement from the title of his auction. "MR. LINCOLN IS HAVING A VERY BAD DAY..."

Looks like it was bought for $67....well, I blew that call!