• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade! All come and try! -- Revealed --

14 posts in this topic

Since the Indian cents are a hot item this week, and rightfully so givin whats come to light for most of us. Anyhow here is an Indian cent I have owned for some time. Excuse the old pics... HEHE! I need to rephoto this coin .

This coin is a True MS coin. It would likely grade MS64 at any company, but with the PVC as Tom mentioned it would net out at MS 60. This coin is a stunner in hand and the PVC can be fixed. The color is nice in hand as well.

19073.jpg

Without seeing the coin in hand it's really hard to say. Those darker areas on the cheek and hair high points as well as the field in front of the Indian indicate wear to me. My gut feel is AU58. That darker area in the field is not rub but either wear or something else (toning?).

BCG has a good point about the dark areas. Without being able to rotate the coin and see if there is a break in the luster it's hard to say. If there is no break in the luster, and it is just toning, I'll say 64RB. If the dark areas are a break in the luster, I will say AU58.

JJ

Is the photo representative of the color?

The color may be a bit off as far as the photo goes, but it has that nice gemmy look to it.

Here is a picture taken in the sunlight...

19071.jpg