• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got a 1955 Proof set (flat pack) in the mail!!!!!

55 posts in this topic

Congrats on the set!! Be sure to post some pics when it comes back.

Just curious, why won't they include the token? If you send in a sealed set, seems like they should do it. Wonder if anyone's listening??

Chad, remind me not to buy any unopened sets from you!! lol

Just got an email from Scott Schechter at NGC saying "...we do on encapsulate the embossed seal that came with 1955-1964 Proof Sets"

I don't understand why not, but oh well.

Just got an email from Scott Schechter at NGC saying "...we do on encapsulate the embossed seal that came with 1955-1964 Proof Sets"

I don't understand why not, but oh well.

I believe I read an "Ask NGC" reply to a similar question awhile back, and the gist of it was that paper products are possible contaminants and therefore unsuitable for the holder environment. The NGC holder insert is an exception because NGC selects the paper specifically to be inert while also placing it in its own compartment in the holder.

I wish I could recall where I saw this. Perhaps some kind person from NGC could save my bacon and confirm or deny...

shy.gif

Beijim

Well, the grades are in!

(looking at invoice online.. coins not in hand yet)

The coins graded as follows..

1C...PF67 RD

5C...PF68

10C...PF66

25C...PF67

50C...PF67

Well, the grades are in!

1C...PF67 RD

5C...PF68

10C...PF66

25C...PF67

50C...PF67

Not bad thumbsup2.gif

Well, the grades are in!

1C...PF67 RD

5C...PF68

10C...PF66

25C...PF67

50C...PF67

Very nice grades if you ask me!

Sell the coins seperately, I think you will get more that way The biggest score was the Half. If you want to keep the set together, look at your total cost in the coins, then mark them up 20% and you should still be within the price range of selling sets.

Unless I'm mistaken,didn't he say that he was sending the set in to be put a multi-holder?

He did but I thought that was after the fact of being sent.

Unless I'm mistaken,didn't he say that he was sending the set in to be put a multi-holder?

Yes, they're in a multi-coin holder. Well, at least they're supposed to be. The package arrives this afternoon via FedEX.