• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got a 1955 Proof set (flat pack) in the mail!!!!!

55 posts in this topic

I would have to think these things are a scam. I mean honestly, we can put people on the moon but can't reseal an envelope? How many of these have been searched for choice coins and then resealed? confused-smiley-013.gif

JJ

I would have to think these things are a scam. I mean honestly, we can put people on the moon but can't reseal an envelope? How many of these have been searched for choice coins and then resealed? confused-smiley-013.gif

JJ

I thought of that, but I'm telling ya, if this envelope has been tampered with, the person who did it shoud work for the CIA or something.

Definitely open it. By the way, you can buy those envelopes new, complete with official US Mint lettering on them, on ebay for under a buck.

Well, I opened it, but I can't get a decent scan....

They all look REALLY nice... like brand new coins straight from the mint.

No toning at all.

The penny is a nice color... only a slight tinge of red... good lines on wheat ears.

To my eyes they look well struck...

Steps and windows of Monticello are clear.

Arrows and breast feathers on quarter are sharp.

"Pass and Stow" visible on the Liberty Bell

Over-all I think they are very pretty coins. After all, isn't that what you guys are always saying? If you like it, it's a good coin... right?

I'm going to send them in and have them put in a multi-coin holder so they stay together.

Too bad NGC won't put the mint token in the multi-coin holder with them.

Definitely open it. By the way, you can buy those envelopes new, complete with official US Mint lettering on them, on ebay for under a buck.

you mean empty envelopes? that's unfortunate.

I opened mine, then resealed it with a glue stick. It looked even better the second time. I'm sure that most are searched, but who cares? Most of the time you get some nice coins anyways.

Sounds like you have some nice coins! thumbsup2.gif In the event that you decide not to slab the coins, you may want to invest in a Capital Plastics holder for the set. The older holders were better made, and are a bit more expensive at times if you can find them pristine, but I think they look sharp and they also protect the coins well.

Is there no end to the deceit?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder if we should trust the US Mint...

Hays

Sounds like you have some nice coins! thumbsup2.gif In the event that you decide not to slab the coins, you may want to invest in a Capital Plastics holder for the set. The older holders were better made, and are a bit more expensive at times if you can find them pristine, but I think they look sharp and they also protect the coins well.

I hear you about the Capitol Plastics, but these things are going to NGC tomorrow. smile.gif

That's not nice!!! Bring it on old man!

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

27_laughing.gif

I welcome a good rumble now and then. It's really not that hard to reseal those cheap envelopes.

I swear to God, after I move to Charlotte next month I gonna slap the snot out of you, Chad.

Ummmmm.....he might enjoy that.....a bit too much! 893whatthe.gif

Congrats on the set!! Be sure to post some pics when it comes back.

Just curious, why won't they include the token? If you send in a sealed set, seems like they should do it. Wonder if anyone's listening??

Chad, remind me not to buy any unopened sets from you!! lol

SSH!!! Nobody was supposed to know Hayden! Let's just keep that between you and me...

You wouldn't be wearing THIS would you?

And are you too lazy to bend over to pick up the remote?

Oh, wait, you aren't supposed to bend over in a miniskirt. devil.gif

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

I'm very very sorry Chad, but you shouldn't buy and sell in the same eBay account and tell everyone what that account is... makepoint.gifwink.gif

Congrats on the set!! Be sure to post some pics when it comes back.

Just curious, why won't they include the token? If you send in a sealed set, seems like they should do it. Wonder if anyone's listening??

Chad, remind me not to buy any unopened sets from you!! lol

Maybe it wouldn't fit? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry Chad,even though I didn't tell anyone the word still got out wink.gif

Be sure to post pics of you modeling the skirt when you get it thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif

You guys!!!! I got the magnetic thing to pick up about 1,000 individual staples all over my house... and I swear the bathing suit isn't mine!!!

Sure... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Is this bash Chad day or something? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifdevil.gif

Exactly, when did I become the punchline of all jokes?! 2 weeks ago, I was just the quiet forum member whom everybody ignored... Now look at me!

Exactly, when did I become the punchline of all jokes?!

When you started buying PF70 State Quarters. 27_laughing.gif

2 weeks ago, I was just the quiet forum member whom everybody ignored... Now look at me!

With 1100 posts in 4 months? You were never a quiet forum member. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif