• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I finally captured the color on this 1836 Bustie

11 posts in this topic

A beautiful bustie (I think) that has been extremely difficult to photograph, again due to the fact that the color is best seen when there is too much glare off the slab when photographed. Flat, it's still a beautiful coin, but rather drab in coloration, kindof greyish-violaceous bland. I've gotten into this really distant lighting thing (just using a standup room lamp about 6 feet away) and even then, when the coin is tilted towards the light and the color best shows, the surface of the slab glare flushes out the picture in the photo. These two pics are the best I've been able to get at a very slight angle such that there was no glare. I did adjust the contrast, but otherwise, there are no adjustments to the image (i.e., no color changes).

181588669_d6d84fc610.jpg

181589466_2cc1976265.jpg

I think it looks truly lovely with terrific skin. It appears that the time and effort to get the image done correctly was well worth it. thumbsup2.gif

Gorgeous coin - 1836 is one of my favorite dates for the lettered-edge coins, being the last date of issue. Yours looks like one of those classic "sliders" that'll get slabbed anywhere between AU-58 and MS-62.

James