• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little pocket change...

8 posts in this topic

I always check pocket change and rarely get a wheat cent or a silver dime. Today was a bit different, however, as I got this:

1293877-1988-PbroadstruckWash25c.jpg

In-hand, the error is fairly dramatic, particularly for such a coin that left the Mint and circulated. The quarter is a bit thin and it has no reeding. I'm quite delighted with this piece and leave it for you to have a peek at over the weekend. Meanwhile, I'm off to Glacier National Park (my old stomping grounds) for the 1st through the 4th! Have a great holiday!

Hoot

1293877-1988-PbroadstruckWash25c.jpg.4002e8ba3798c3b551cc4cdaf31e8d58.jpg

Cool find.

From the looks of it, the error hasnt stopped excessive circulation.

I love finding these off-strikes, although it has only been with pennies for me.

I actually found a really off one in a bag of change I got from the bank last year....I will need to dig that out and post an image to share.

Sweet coin 1983 ... A good year for Qtrs and that was also the year I was born! Do you think it would slab with all those hits? The troubling one to me is the one thats runs north to south in the hair. Sweet coin at any rate and a great find!

This one looks like it would have no trouble in a coin counter but wouldn't work in a vending machine. Usually coins that don't work in vending machines don't circulate though.

There are a lot of pretty neat errors in circulation. The mint doesn't make many any more but they are much more likely to circulate if they are released.

I think that's a 1988 quarter, Bruce. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Hoot, I'm glad you find the quarter I lost, please ship it back to me when you're dont at Glacier. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Meanwhile, I'm off to Glacier National Park (my old stomping grounds) for the 1st through the 4th! Have a great holiday!

I'll take a little salt with my wound. grin.gif Thank you very much.