• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Shipped"

3 posts in this topic

The sheer number of ads with "$ shipped" suggests there is some standard meaning to the term shipped. Regular mail, first class, insured, certified, registered? Does the buyer have a say or is that simply negotiable?

Thanks (have never sold anything by mail)!

The sheer number of ads with "$ shipped" suggests there is some standard meaning to the term shipped. Regular mail, first class, insured, certified, registered? Does the buyer have a say or is that simply negotiable?

Thanks (have never sold anything by mail)!

I am satisfied to believe shipped means that it is being sent to you through the most reasonable, safest, and secure way with the value of the item being considered. In other words if you ship, then you want it received guaranteed. If someone is shipping you something you want guaranteed delivery. Unless the item is expensive then there should be very little difference in the cost. And then the extra cost would likely be insurance.

If I say shipped, I would provide USPS priority, unless the value of the item warranted courier service. I rarely send anything regular first class mail unless it has little to no value.