• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first Seated dollar!!!

22 posts in this topic

I would have put this in the new acquisition post but was afraid my need for some photography advice would get buried in there (amongst all those gorgeous coins!!!).

I'm using the Goldberg photos because I can't get a picture!!! My camera, for some reason just won't focus on the coin. Don't understand it. Could it be the color? What??? I tried fooling with the white whatever, but nothing seems to change this. I'm using a Nikon 2500, so if anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Mike

PS

I couldn't resist this coin.

The Goldberg photo has a thin line on the upper right obverse that looks like a crack in the coin or a hair or something like that, but it's neither. It's a thin scratch on the holder that I guess projected a shadow onto the coin when they photographed it.

172282868_ebf220acff.jpg

172282869_b692cc06bc.jpg

That looks absolutely beautiful! Any Seated dollar that is problem-free and with positive eye appeal is very scarce. thumbsup2.gif

Mike, I really like this coin. It even appeals to me more since I still need the no motto type for my set.

Could I ask where you pick this up? I very seldom see any eye-appealing SL dollars offered anywhere. frown.gif

Mike - That's an amazingly beautiful seated dollar! Score! Hope you overcome your photo problems and post more pics soon. thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

Really, thanks, everyone, for your positive input with this coin. I still don't know why, but a setting I've been using for most of my coin shots, just doesn't focus on this coin. Weird. I'll have it focused, but when I hit the button, it goes into a complete blur. Anyway, I managed to get these shots, a little dark, but pretty ok, I think.

172821386_bfb890ec86.jpg

172821387_e78bbabac8.jpg

Nice coin mike. Does your camera have a manual setting on it? If so maybe thats what you need to use. I had to use it to get this picture. I could not get it to focus where I wanted so Manual focus was needed.

df2.jpg

red is a rare color on dragon flys. That little guy would not stay still. But I managed a few shots on him.

That's cool,so you're an entomoligist(spelled correctly?)? Or do you just have an insterest in insects?

I just like cool looking pics and odd things. Never know what you will see when your out. I am niether, but I have never seen a red dragon fly in all my travels and time so it must be sorta rare.

that is an incredibly neat dragon fly. they are so amazing.

re the manual focus, I don't know. I have no idea where I put the manual. Maybe they have a downloadable one online. I think that could solve a lot of problems.