• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Contest! ALL Welcome to try it out.

169 posts in this topic

This is going to be one well traved coin. When it is all said and done, maybe you can post a list the travel states in order so we get a 'picture' of the coin traversing the country.

Looking forward to all the fun.

Arrived this afternoon and leaving Florida tuesday morning headed for New York.

foreheadslap.gif Suggest that you all write Bruce and withdraw. grin.gif

High risk to hurt one's photogentic prowess poke2.gif

Arrived this afternoon and leaving Florida tuesday morning headed for New York.

foreheadslap.gif Suggest that you all write Bruce and withdraw. grin.gif

High risk to hurt one's photogentic prowess poke2.gif

I take it you and the coin had a grand time together smile.gif. Would you agree?

QUOTE: "I take it you and the coin had a grand time together . Would you agree? "

Grande?.... Oh yes grand 893whatthe.gif agree. I should be able to get in another 100 or so proof shots before postman comes in the morning for sure.....

Actually, imaging really low-grade copper, say in Fair, through NGC plastic is the worst for me.

James

James remember that Columbian you had some time back, This coin is close to that level of difficulty. Out of the slab it would still be hard, but the slab makes it a nightmare for most.

I will be out of town this coming week. I am sure people can keep this going while I am gone. Once you have photod the coin, pass it to the next person on the list. I think it should only go from Dave to James while I am gone. Just send your images in my email or PM box or you can wait till I get back. Enjoy

List so far

Regis44 - Done

Chinook - Done

James_EarlyUS

HaydenTubbs

Midwest

Larry Dreher

SilverEagles95

Rexcat

EZ_E

Brotherman

MauleMall

MikeInFL

For those of you who are in the waiting line... here is what the people who have seen the coin have to stay about it...

Regis44 - "You were not kidding about photo'ing that coin. I "thought" I had a pretty good set-up but, it's a tough one"

chinook - "I thought the coin was a bit tricky."

James_EarlyUS - "What do I think? I think it's an unfair competition! mad.gifsmile.gif This will be a toughie for me to image"

So as you can see its not easy by any means!

For those of you who are in the waiting line... here is what the people have seen the coin have to stay about it...

Regis44 - "You were not kidding about photo'ing that coin. I "thought" I had a pretty good set-up but, it's a tough one"

chinook - "I thought the coin was a bit tricky."

James_EarlyUS - "What do I think? I think it's an unfair competition! mad.gifsmile.gif This will be a toughie for me to image"

So as you can see its not easy by any means!

Just great,and I'm the next one up! foreheadslap.gif

You should have some fun with the coin as well. I am glad the coin I picked is not an easy one to photo. All the end results should be good.

Sorry Bruce, but I'm out of the competition. If James had trouble, you won't get a single pic out of me.

Chad - you have to try buddy. I promise that I will produce the worst photos - you will not come in dead last. It’s all for fun anyway.

Hays

I promise you both that by far my pics will be the worst. Maybe I can get my hands on a decent scanner or a better camera, but I still suck.

I promise you both that by far my pics will be the worst. Maybe I can get my hands on a decent scanner or a better camera, but I still suck.

At least you are guaranteed to have a friend

on the bottom rung with you thumbsup2.gif

Hays

Hey it never hurts to try,some of the best coin photographers started with scanners thumbsup2.gif

At some point we all sucked at coin photography.

List so far

Regis44 - Done

Chinook - Done

James_EarlyUS

HaydenTubbs

Midwest

Larry Dreher

SilverEagles95

Rexcat

EZ_E

Brotherman

MauleMall

MikeInFL

zrlevin

At some point we all sucked at coin photography.

My coin photography used to be some of the worst ever. Over time I have learned more about and went from a Scanner to a old digital camera. to my digital camera now. But even when I got my new camera I am using now I still took some very lousy shots. Practice makes you better. Now my pictures are by no means good, but they are far better than they used to be.

Today is Thursday, and I got Chinook's package on Tuesday. It's a doozy all right -chalk me up as being THROUGH with it! Without divulging the cryptic nature of the mystery coin, I will say that it is a gorgeous coin, and one that most any collector would appreciate owning.

I shot 35 images last night, and I'll feel lucky to come up with a good enough obverse and reverse shot to do justice.

Hayden, get ready, 'cause it's going out today, and you're the next victim 893whatthe.gif!

James