• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Contest! ALL Welcome to try it out.

169 posts in this topic

For those of you who are in the waiting line... here is what the people who have seen the coin have to stay about it...

Regis44 - "You were not kidding about photo'ing that coin. I "thought" I had a pretty good set-up but, it's a tough one"

chinook - "I thought the coin was a bit tricky."

James_EarlyUS - "What do I think? I think it's an unfair competition! mad.gifsmile.gif This will be a toughie for me to image"

So as you can see its not easy by any means!

Bruce,

Glad to see that you published only the civil comments 27_laughing.gif

I'm in Atlanta this week. Anyone know any good shops up the I-85 side of Atlanta (so I don't get lost)?

Regis

Regis have a great week in Atlanta. I wish I could help you out more with a shop. I think Doug Winters is in Atlanta. At any rate, yes I could have posted some comments that would have turned a few more heads. But I tried to get it G rated.

Hey,sorry I meant to post yesterday,I got the coin,imaged it (Bruce,I hope you die a thousand deaths), and it will be going out to Mr. Miller on Monday.

it will be going out to Mr. Miller on Monday.

Why do I all of a sudden have the urge to read Dante's Inferno 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey,sorry I meant to post yesterday,I got the coin,imaged it (Bruce,I hope you die a thousand deaths), and it will be going out to Mr. Miller on Monday.

Another one for the ages! I take it you enjoyed photing the coin and had a very easy time with it? Hehe. On a serious note, Not one person so far has said it was easy to photo. Everybody has had some difficulty, which is just what I wanted for the coin photo test. This coin really test the skills and such of us coinies myself included.

*Gulp*

It's Midwest, then Larry, then me!!! Oh no!!! AAH!!!

Chad it can't be all that bad. After all its just a round metal disk in some plastic.

It can be that bad!!! Can you tell me at least what denomination it is? I have a real problem photographing small coins...

I will say this... The demonination is one that is still produced today.

Good... No 3c, no half dimes, nothing really small like that. Could still be a dime though...

I never did stat what country it is from. Thats a mystery. Just think of all the small coins worldwide.

Oh gosh... It's going to be a coin from Austria or something that weigh like half a gram...

I am not telling smile.gif ... It will be to you soon enough smile.gif

Oh this is turning out real fine, Chad has gotten all unglued, wigged out, nervous, etc etc listening to Bruce’s tales, (not that Chad’s mental health means anything to me, no sir not one bit). It’s just what will the coin have when gets to me? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sweaty little raccoon paw prints all over it, that’s what it will have. foreheadslap.gif

You better stop it with him Bruce; he may go really nuts and go wash the coin in some stream before taking photos of it. 893whatthe.gif

Oh this is turning out real fine, Chad has gotten all unglued, wigged out, nervous, etc etc listening to Bruce’s tales, (not that Chad’s mental health means anything to me, no sir not one bit). It’s just what will the coin have when gets to me? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sweaty little raccoon paw prints all over it, that’s what it will have. foreheadslap.gif

You better stop it with him Bruce; he may go really nuts and go wash the coin in some stream before taking photos of it. 893whatthe.gif

Ok fine... but I think the message about the coin is clear. Its a nice one smile.gif

List so far

Regis44 - DONE

Chinook - DONE

James_EarlyUS - DONE

HaydenTubbs - DONE

Midwest

Larry Dreher

SilverEagles95

Rexcat

EZ_E

Brotherman

MauleMall

MikeInFL

zrlevin

23Pairer

Hayden don't forget to PM me your images. Thanks!

Will do Bruce,I just haven't gotten around to editing them thumbsup2.gif

Don't forget to crank up the saturation. That makes it look much more natural. poke2.gifdevil.gif

EZ_E will not be able to preticipate.

Be honest, I whimped out! But if you can spell like that in public then I guess that I, too, can take the shame. grin.gif

J/K I'm just anxious for it to be my turn.

Me too my masked friend!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Just got to see this coin from hell. devil.gif

On the plus side though... in a month or so I should be up grading to a digital SLR and will be able to use a better lens than what is on my point and shoot digial camera that I now use for all of my coin photos.

and it will be going out to Mr. Miller on Monday.

I can only assume you decided to cheap out on shipping and sent it by horse and buggy. poke2.gif