• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Contest! ALL Welcome to try it out.

169 posts in this topic

This idea came from the PCGS boards. Here is how it works. I will choose one coin from my collection. and then US, forumites will pass it around and everybody who wants to will have a chance to photo the coin. All the images will be sent to me and once everybody has photoed the coin, I will post all the images with numbers and have people vote on the best one. Photo the coin as you see it. You may bring out any aspects of the coin you like. Good luck to all who join.

To Join either PM me or make a post saying I want to try it. Don't worry if you think your photos may not be that good. I got a tough coin to photograph. Just once you photo the coin pass it to the next person. Should be fun. You will not know what the coin looks like till you get it in hand or what it is. I will say the coin is slabbed and will be ready for the first person to recieve it. Just please try not to take over 3 days to photo the coin. Thanks and good luck. Image Sizes 800x400 or 1000x500. Combined if at all possible.

Send images either by PM or via my Email which can be obtained by PM'img me.

List so far

Regis44

Chinook

James_EarlyUS

HaydenTubbs

Midwest

Larry Dreher

SilverEagles95

Rexcat

Great idea and fun. What size do you want back (e.g. obv & rev side-by-side 800 X 400 or just any size to fit on 1024 X 768 screen)? Or will you just size them from raw photo's that you get?

Regis

800x400 will work or 1000x500. Whichever suits you best. Also please combine your images if at all possible. If not send both and I will do it for you.

That is a COOL idea. Count me in!

Additional suggestion: you have to create a thumbnail, also, with a size of 96x96 to 128x128.

You can pluck my mailing address off my website (EarlyUS.com).

James

Shameless self-promotion tongue.gif

Non Sense.. What will be shameless is people knocking thier heads against the wall from frustration while trying to photo this coin.

Non Sense.. What will be shameless is people knocking thier heads against the wall from frustration while trying to photo this coin.

I know,hence the tongue.gif

It take it that this coin will be toned? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know,hence the tongue.gif

It take it that this coin will be toned? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You shall see laugh.gif

Actually, imaging really low-grade copper, say in Fair, through NGC plastic is the worst for me.

James

James I have found a coin that will make everybody a bit hacked, new guys and the guys with lots of expierence. The monkey wrench as always is the slab. Tomorrow I send it out to the first person on the list, and he will send it to the next person, and so on. More can join once I send it out, but I want to get the ball rolling.

Actually, imaging really low-grade copper, say in Fair, through NGC plastic is the worst for me.

James

James, don't give him ideas on how to make it tougher ... wink.gif

Anybody else want in?

I may but I'm off to Winnemucca, Nv in early June. I'm bringing my computer and camera with me too. So, maybe once the coin circulates about then I'll be settled by then. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Anybody else want in?

I may but I'm off to Winnemucca, Nv in early June. I'm bringing my computer and camera with me too. So, maybe once the coin circulates about then I'll be settled by then. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I would love to but I should be renevating a friends river house.

I think it's a great Idea though. 893applaud-thumb.gif

List so far

Regis44 - Done

Chinook

James_EarlyUS

HaydenTubbs

Midwest

Larry Dreher

SilverEagles95

Rexcat

EZ_E

Brotherman

MauleMall

MikeInFL

While I will not frown.gif be able to participate in the contest, I do look forward to seeing the results that arise cool.gif. Perhaps the "winners" flowerred.gif can share some of the tips for the rest of us. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it will be really neat to see some of the results with this coin. This one is a tough one. Good luck to all who try.