• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Weeks and coins! .....

8 posts in this topic

OK so as you may have seen it was not 2 weeks. It was cut short due to our house flooding. So we cut it early to come back from Mexico to get back and help out. Dang Toliet. Anyhow... Since we went to Mexico I thought I would search out some Mexican coins as well as the US stuff. I managed to pick up 4 sweet buys.

1805 Bust Half Dirt Cheap NET G4

1942 Proof Quarter PF64 shot PF65 - Cheap as well

1902 Un Peso, which is totally original and looks very nice.

1884 Zs(Zacatacas)(A Mexican State) 8 Reales - This was the real find if you ask me. For anybody who has ever been to Mexico in search of coins knows 90% of them seem to be cleaned. Orginal pieces are tough. and Coin shops are almost non existant down there. Well I scored on both the coins I bought down there. This is a coin I feel in love with. So much character on it. Looks like a very late die state with even what looks to be a broken or recessed planchet strike. AU58 to MS64 Numerous die cracks, etc. It was a great trip, even with it being cut short. I enjoyed it.

1884zs.jpg

I like that design,and it sounds like you had fun time even if you clogged the toilet before you left wink.gif

I'm curious to see a picture of this dirt cheap 1805 half,although it sounds like it's a little beat up.

you are correct it has seen its better days, but at that price all I needed to see was the date. I will just say this.. I picked up the 2 American coins up for right under $100.00 for both, now try to devide that up. HEHE .. I like it!

Heh,I know what you mean.I remember coins from when I first started collecting that were holed,mutilated,etc...but they were old and I loved them! thumbsup2.gif

This one is not that bad off... just cleaned and scratched, and I could not see this netting under G4

Heh,I know what you mean.I remember coins from when I first started collecting that were holed,mutilated,etc...but they were old and I loved them! thumbsup2.gif

This one is not that bad off... just cleaned and scratched, and I could not see this netting under G4

Is it genuine though? I would hesitate to buy cheap coins from a coin shop in Mexico...

Is it genuine though? I would hesitate to buy cheap coins from a coin shop in Mexico...

I stopped at a shop in the US to buy those 2 coins... the 2 Mexican coins came from a shop in Mexico. All the coins are 100% genuine