• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another interesting service some coin dealers offer when in a pinch for cash.

2 posts in this topic

I recommend this by only reputable dealers. If you need to sell a coin within a 30 day window, several coin dealers will offer 'split deal' rates, whereby you establish a base price, usually your cost, and the dealer will split the profit with you, thereby assuring you of a small or large profit for both you and the dealer.

TRUTH

TRUTH,

Very interesting post. But doesn't the dealer have to agree with that base price. While the figure may change depending on the given coin, about what price relative to greysheet bid or ask would you recommend for an above average coin for the grade that doesn't contain MONSTER color?

Also, does the dealer generally provide proof of sale via invoice in this type of situation? I ask because I see so many deals on the floor of a show without invoices chaning hands. And with all due respect to coin dealers on this board, it wouldn't "shock" me to hear a given dealer say after the fact, "Trust me, it sold for $XXX".

Lastly, how much does a coin generally have to be worth for a dealer to take a coin in under such circumstances?

Thanks