• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever lose a coin?

10 posts in this topic

I picked up an unc. Pilgrim Commem. at my last show. Nothing spectacular. Lower grade unc. with some medium tone (looks to have been cleaned once and retoned).

Vanished! I remember reflipping the coin and haven't seen it since. Been poking around my office for 2 days now looking. Not a huge deal, but the FACT that it's missing is starting to eat at me a bit.

Will I start to lose sleep over this? smile.gif

Yea, I hate when that happens. Like the time that I lost that 1913 Liberty nickel...

Yes, when the 1984 double ear lincoln cents were first discovered I found several of them and I put them some where special so I would not lose them- well it's been almost twenty years and I still have not found them. mike

I oftentimes lose coins at the worst times. I had a double-die 1875 PiMH 8 reales I wanted to take to Long Beach last week, but I haven't been able to find it. I'll probably find it soon. mad.gif

Lost one for almost a year. I looked everywhere, the home, the office, the car, the safe, the bankbox,....everywhere. I ransacked my desk. I finally gave up. Night before last, I went to the desk drawer to get out some shipping material, and there was a coin box I hadn't put there. Inside was the coin. Apparently, when I came home from the show, I hung the bag with that box in it on the back of a door in my spare bedroom (my coining den). My wife cleaned out the room and moved the box. I've told her to stay out of there! laugh.gif

I was given a Roman copper coin back in 1973...I haven't seen it since 1974.

I was also given a "coin" whitch was made of bone(?) and had a hole in the center ....I was told it is a coin used by American Indian, but does anyone knows about that?(I lost it too)

I bought a 1962 (yeah you guessed it) Proof Franklin from Columbia Coin in downtown Portland... I got back to New Mexico and immediately lost it for months... I recently found it under my bed.... hmmm....

Mr Truth.

Early in 1974, our family made a long trip from Buffalo NY. to LA. on the way back to our country.

One thing I remember is my Roman coin was gone when we came back to our country....so if you found the coin somewhere between east coast& west coast,it's highly possible it was mine 893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif