• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pictures for set display.....

23 posts in this topic

I am getting ready to photo all my coins in my Washington Quarter Set and make the combined images. Well I have come into a delima. I at first thought it would be a good idea to make the photos 800x400 and with info on them, such as grade or date and such, but now I am more leaning toward 1000x500 and no info just the pictures.

Which do you prefer. I think a set of this nature should let the coins speak for themselves and grades and such not be needed.

1934d.jpg

1934lm.jpg

Which do you prefer and why? There will be thumbnails you click on so for all purposes the coins will be the same size till clicked on. 160x80 Maybe even a cambo of the two?

Thanks in advance.

Of course the 1000x500 pixel photo shows greater detail and would be preferable, especially with the thumbnail clicks. But, I still like the idea of having the grade on the pix. It makes it more educational that way.

Of course the 1000x500 pixel photo shows greater detail and would be preferable, especially with the thumbnail clicks. But, I still like the idea of having the grade on the pix. It makes it more educational that way.

Thanks for the imput, but say if the info was on a line below it, would that work? Like per say a line full of pics and then below it the gradesand dates?

As long as the info was in an obvious locale, it would work fine.

Once you get yours up and running I may try to immulate your style for my type set. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you want the template I have made let me know. Its a simple HTML template which could be edited to fit a type set.

Thanks for the offer, Bruce. Maybe somewhere down the line but I would need a whole bunch of coaching, I bet. crazy.gif

p.s. I'm still in NM but I'll be back in Arkansas in a couple of weeks after a detour through Vegas. I might actually get to see CMP9ball while I'm at it. thumbsup2.gif

p.s. I'm still in NM but I'll be back in Arkansas in a couple of weeks after a detour through Vegas. I might actually get to see CMP9ball while I'm at it. thumbsup2.gif

Mom and I will be leaving for Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 7 and will return on Sunday, June 18. We hope to see you and Hannah there, Victor!

Chris

Why combine them? Over here, you can enter a separate obverse and reverse image.

Not for the registry sets, this is a raw set...

I prefer the bottom image in terms of image size and quality; however, I'm distracted by the overlap between the two coins. Perhaps consider making the images a little bit smaller so you can show the entire photo of both coins.

I don't like the overlap of the obverse and reverse and I don't like the information posted with the coin, especially in red. Regardless of size, I would keep the obverse and reverse shown intact, without overlap, and without additional text.

I actually kind of favor the overlap as long as it doesn't obscure any damage or problems.

I prefer No. 1 with just the coin in the photo. Can you place information about the coin (such as date & grade) below the photo?

I prefer No. 1 with just the coin in the photo. Can you place information about the coin (such as date & grade) below the photo?

Yes I sure can. As a matter of fact it will look something like this...

Coin Set Layout

Now I can add the grade in below or have it the pictures. But I have lots of room to play with.

That 1932-S is a stunner! wink.gifinsane.gif

I had the same thoughts. I think I decided on the larger images and no inforation, but on the line below add the date and grade. Should be fun to photo.

I like the slight over lap; you’re not loosing much of the reverse detail, at the rim no less, but gaining a lot in the aesthetic appeal of the photo. thumbsup2.gif

More importantly though is to get any text out of the photo, put it under the photo, like where an illustration in a book would have any text describing the image.

With your coins and photo skills I’m sure you will have a outstanding display of your collection, looking forward to seeing it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If your intention is displaying your set online, then you would want to steer clear of 1000x500. For many users viewing your pictures, this size would require them to scroll back and forth to view the entire image. Try to keep you image size below 800 so a majority of the people viewing your collection can see the entire image on the screen without having to scroll.

DPCurrier

http://CurrierSites.com

maybe something a little more subtle on information also... like this:

coin_image.jpg

Thats a nice image, but I think I have decided the text can go below the image. Thanks for that one!

maybe something a little more subtle on information also... like this:

coin_image.jpg

That is a perfect compromise, Bruce. Go fo it! thumbsup2.gif