• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been a while but I picked up a New Reverse Toned Morgan on Ebay...

10 posts in this topic

Not a Moose, not even a mouse but when you consider anything with toning is being labeled and priced as a Monster, Neon, Rainbow, Textile, End Roller.......

I'll take this much color on a PQ MS64 for $70 bucks.. thumbsup2.gif

Honestly I grade the coin a 65 ...very clean for a 64 but tell me what you think?

NGC MS64 1881-S

1881S64Obv2.jpg

1881S64Obv3.jpg

1881S64Rev.jpg

1881S64Rev2.jpg

I like it Shane,often a coin with a light accent of toning is prettier than a fully toned "moose".

Not a Moose, not even a mouse but when you consider anything with toning is being labeled and priced as a Monster, Neon, Rainbow, Textile, End Roller.......

Dude,stop dissin' my auctions sign-rantpost.gif

tongue.gif

Shane thats a sweet coin and I agree with MS65! Cool Score! And I see your pictures have come full circle from your scanning days! Sweet pics!

Hope you don't mind, but I took your images and corrected them a bit to what I thought the coin would look like and made it into one....

1881st.jpg

Thats one sweet looking coin .. I like it alot!

Bruce,I can hook you up with a sister of hers if you would have any interest. devil.gif

Hayden

Cool tone with bright whites, I like it a lot. '81 S is a good year for solid strike and some nicely toned coins. I detect a hint of fabric pattern on the obverse which only adds to the character. Honestly I can see it as a very good 64 but I'm not sure about the 65. A great addition to your collection Shane!

I think it's a 65 if the coin was anything outside of an 1880 or 1881 "S" but those dates come so nice.....the coin has to be a real looker to break the 65 mark. I don't have a problem with coins grading a little different due to known qualities issue or lack of issue but for the average joe.....it sure make it difficult to nail down on a standard when grading your own coins 893scratchchin-thumb.gif