• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hibernia Penny

13 posts in this topic

Opened the brass capsule and there it was! To the dealer who sold me this piece a decade ago, a hearty thanks! Any more lying around?

1242372-Hiberniareverse052106.jpg.9ac2adb302c9fda178055502e98b466c.jpg

1242372-Hiberniareverse052106.jpg

Sweet looking piece! Do tell more about the circumstance of the acquisition!

Hoot

Fuzzy memories-Years ago I abandoned my date set of proof large cents at 7 examples but during the search attended several EAC conventions. It was at one of them (I think) that this piece in its capsule appeared Seemed to be a nice addition to my George III (Britain) collection when the obverse was revealed. Alas, it was Irish (but I couldn't resist anyway.) I don't recall the dealer or price.

yarm

PS How did you get the photo in the body of your note rather than as an attachment?

1242671-1805HiberniaObverseresized.jpg.415f976ee426a83a6b5f881a8c5bfcfe.jpg

Here's a 1/4d gilt I have.

follow the link across the street.................

gilt

I bought it earlier this year from Northeast Numismatics.

I love the harp! I'm wondering what it would take to put together a copper/bronze/gilt set of.penny harps.

About two grand and a ridiculous amount of patience. There are pieces out there, but ones with great eye appeal can be harder to find. If you really want a mission and you have alot of money look for a silver proof "restrike." 893whatthe.gif. I know of none certified, but there are raw issues out there. Estimated cost of acquisition, 20K plus, easy. 893censored-thumb.gif Well out of my price range.

PS How did you get the photo in the body of your note rather than as an attachment?

open your attachement by clicking on it. Copy the web address by clicking on that and using your right mouse button. Start a new message on this board and click on 'image'. Paste the address you copied into the blank thing for 'image' and there you go.

A few months ago I posted an image of the reverse of an 1805 Irish Penny. Here's what the coin actually looks like.

Cutout1805IrishPennyjpg.jpg

Cutout1805IrishPennyrjpg.jpg

------ Only took a much better camera and 1000 or so practice shots.