• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Test.. Come all and try!! --Revealed--

23 posts in this topic

Been awhile since I did one of these so. Anyhow, here we have 2 Washington Quarters First one is NGC graded, and the 2nd one is PCGS Graded. Good luck! Sorry for the blurryness on that 2nd photo.

1943s1.jpg

1952d.jpg

The 1943 S is a in an old NGC holder and is VERY PQ for MS65. I am fairly certain that this coin today would go MS66 at either service. This is also one of the DDO Varietys, but I am not sure which one. The image looks a bit dark and really does not show the toning this coin has. Light blues and such. Rather nice.

The 1952 is PCGS MS66 and if you ask me it is boarderline MS66. The coin image makes this one look a bit worse than it looks in hand, but the 43 S is a better coin if you ask me. The coin is in a new PCGS holder. The thing that bothers me the most about this coin is the spoting on the reverse. Still a nice coin in its own right.

top= MS 66

bottom= MS 67

Then again, I don't collect this series and we all know

just how hard it is to grade from pictures.

confused.gif

top= MS 66

bottom= MS 67

Then again, I don't collect this series and we all know

just how hard it is to grade from pictures.

confused.gif

One of the hardest thing I would think is to learn to grade from a picture. I think you hit the nail on the head with that statment

Man I suck at these....That being said 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

The 43 is 66

The other is 65

Thanks for exploiting my ignorance poke2.gif

Man I suck at these....That being said 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

The 43 is 66

The other is 65

Thanks for exploiting my ignorance poke2.gif

Your not bad at all...

I think the 1943 is an MS65 and the 1952 is MS64

These things always give me butterflies... now I'll read what everyone else said.

OH - and thanks Bruce for doing this again!

Hays

I think the grades are highly appropriate, and indeed, are along the lines of what I guessed. I would gladly buy either or both if needed, because they both meet my expectations of eye-appeal and grade. By the way, congratulations on some terrific imaging (and some terrific coins) 893applaud-thumb.gif!

James

I think the grades are highly appropriate, and indeed, are along the lines of what I guessed. I would gladly buy either or both if needed, because they both meet my expectations of eye-appeal and grade. By the way, congratulations on some terrific imaging (and some terrific coins) 893applaud-thumb.gif!

James

Thanks for the nice praise. My images are getting better. James I am sure you would love the look of the 1943 S. Super GEM if you ask me. It resides in an old NGC Fatty if thats the correct term. The coin is a lock for MS66, but its never been sent for an upgrade since the spread is not enough to really do it justice. Makes for a great buy though.