• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another 1921 Morgan

10 posts in this topic

1921 is an important year for me because it's the year of my father's birth. I was living with my dad in the past few years to help him take care of my mother who suffered from Alzheimers disease. This created a whole new relationship from what I had with him in childhood. He died suddenly last year, 3 yr after my mom died. He was one of the finest people I ever met in my life and I'm grateful to have had him as a parent.

This is a 1921 Morgan I got from Mike Printz at Larry Whitlows. Incredibly colored and booming luster. Thought you might like to see it:

149767792_b8a9841e03.jpg

149767793_91ffbdc887.jpg

Wow, that is a nice one, Mike. My Mom was born January 2, 1921 and she is still going strong. I don't think I have to tell you why, but I have a small hoard of '21 Morgans, too!

Chris

My grandma was also born in 1921 but she died in 2001. I had a 1921 Morgan that she gave me as a kid but I gave it to my brother last year.

My grandma was also born in 1921 but she died in 2001. I had a 1921 Morgan that she gave me as a kid but I gave it to my brother last year.

Gulp... do you know what that means Victor? I'm old enough to be your father...

You'd better watch yourself young man...!!!

Gulp... do you know what that means Victor? I'm old enough to be your father...

You'd better watch yourself young man...!!!

Sir, yes sir! 893whatthe.gif

p.s. We need to have a talk about all of that back allowance due me. insane.gif

Heck, I'm 40 and a half so I ain't so spry as I used to be either. frown.gif

Mike King----I like the Morgan. It has a lot of character. Recently, I looked over some coins from many years ago. Realized that I had left a few of my fingerprints on some of them. Made me sit back and have a laugh about my youth as a coin collector. Also, just last night saw your comments about my Walker Registry Set. Wanted to say that I am humbled by your kind and thoughtful words. Your last sentence proves that you understand about the art of collecting. It never should be about what place that you are in---but it should be about the quality of the coins in the set----their color---the way they match one another---how they can teach others about collecting. Bob [supertooth]