• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossover vs Designation review

9 posts in this topic

I'm putting together a crossover submission for NGC but am unsure whether to include this 1901 dollar, PCGS PR 65. For those of you who work both sides of the street, would you be satisfied if PCGS were simply to add the cameo designation?

1240641-1901Morganresized.jpg.79fe9c5b65dbe5ed1a19520d5cc38394.jpg

I would want to know if you are buying this for your collection, and if so, what kind of holders your collection is primarily in. If you are collecting mostly coins in NGC holders, then by all means, cross it over. But if you have a wide variety of holders, or primarily PCGS, then I'd say leave it as is.

One other reason to cross would be if the existing holder is scuffed up.

James

My collection includes both PCGS and NGC coins so I just intended to go back to PCGS for the cameo designation (and a clean slab). However, the coin has always knocked me out so I opted for a regrade (to PR66CA). Thanks for your input!

1279595-1901Morganresized.jpg

1279595-1901Morganresized.jpg.e820d0d75bdf40958924cf4797d9068d.jpg