• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does dansco make custom pages...?

8 posts in this topic

i'm fiddlin' with the idea of writing dansco an email... i'd like some custom made pages for my lincoln album - basically i'd like my book to include ports for the double dies, the wide am's, etc... whatever i can dream up... is this something within the realm of possiblity?

and they'd need to be dansco, i've got everything in those.. all my albums match (which i hope was a good idea by the way)

and no, i know i can get blanks and a pen but no..

i'm fiddlin' with the idea of writing dansco an email... i'd like some custom made pages for my lincoln album - basically i'd like my book to include ports for the double dies, the wide am's, etc... whatever i can dream up... is this something within the realm of possiblity?

and they'd need to be dansco, i've got everything in those.. all my albums match (which i hope was a good idea by the way)

and no, i know i can get blanks and a pen but no..

They make blank pages which you could label yourself.

You might try taking the blank Dansco pages to a bookbinder or printer or anyone that might have a hot foil stamping machine. Then you could customize your own book with gold letters just like those found on the cover of Dansoc's albums. My mom was in bookbinding business for years and did this sort of thing all the time.

Hays

I should also add that gold stamping isn't the only color available - a bookbinder should have black, brown, white, silver, etc. The more I think of it a bookbinder is the way to go. They have the same type of stampers that Dansco uses to put on their lettering. Each surface that one stamps on has a different release temperature - this is the temp that the stamper must be for the foil to adhere properly. Chances are that the bookbinder will need to try a few times before he finds the correct setting so be prepared to sacrifice one blank page for these test runs.

BTW, send me a PM if you can't find a bookbinder in your area. I am currently looking to buy a hot foil stamper. My mom retired from the business several years ago and since I grew up working in the bindery and thought I might do it as a side business. I could include making customized coin albums.

Hays

I should also add that gold stamping isn't the only color available - a bookbinder should have black, brown, white, silver, etc. The more I think of it a bookbinder is the way to go. They have the same type of stampers that Dansco uses to put on their lettering. Each surface that one stamps on has a different release temperature - this is the temp that the stamper must be for the foil to adhere properly. Chances are that the bookbinder will need to try a few times before he finds the correct setting so be prepared to sacrifice one blank page for these test runs.

BTW, send me a PM if you can't find a bookbinder in your area. I am currently looking to buy a hot foil stamper. My mom retired from the business several years ago and since I grew up working in the bindery and thought I might do it as a side business. I could include making customized coin albums.

Hays

I agee. This is the way to go. Even if Dansco would oblige you, it would be extremely expensive!

Ditto on the update!