• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 Denver ANA Convention Medal

This appears to be a mediocre design at best in my opinion.  

51 members have voted

1. 1. This appears to be a mediocre design at best in my opinion.

6 posts in this topic

I didn't vote. The obverse has too much shrubbery. I like the use of the incuse design for the mountains, but the trees in the foreground are fully overwhelming, forming too much "evergreenness." I like the innovative "edge" design where the labels appear. As for the reverse, the repeated mountains (from the obverse) in the edge is too much of the same. I like the evocation of the Denver Mint's front doors, but the overwhelming dogwood before them is indelicate in its placement and fails to tie the mountain theme to that of the numismatic industry of the town that will host the show. Too much insistence on motif and not enough attention paid to design.

Hoot

Ho-hum design. I guess the designers of the 1969-1982 medals have all retired and they are using OJT rookies.

Chris

It's better looking than the San Francisco medal.

No Way! I thought the SF medal was pretty cool. Plus, with a mintage of only 50 for the two larger issues, it makes for a good item.

Guess I'm partial since I got them all. confused-smiley-013.gif