• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TNA Show Report... Friday..

12 posts in this topic

Got to the show rather early, about 11:30 AM. Show opened to the public at 9 AM.. I came to the show with a gold 20 lib to sale. First person I showed it to directed me to a man who was buying gold. Went to the man and he was not interested since the coin was lightly cleaned 1898 S. Ended up moving it to a local dealer I deal with for about $700.00. Coin was AU 55 at least maybe MS60, but wih the light cleaning brought it down. Anyhow show seemed to be pretty busy during the first few hours I was there. About 10 to 20 mins after I got there there was a drawing for a door prize, and low and behold they called my name. I had won a 1922 Peace Dollar, Circ Lightly Cleaned. About 17 bucks with silver as it sits now. Moved on and looked at alot of cool coins. I saw alot of coins being bought and some selling going on as well. Alot of very nice material on the floor, quite a few orginal pieces around, but they wanted strong money on them. Nicely toned pieces were tagged up alot if you ask me. I saw an 1885 O MS 63 Morgan, toned and they wanted 425.00 for it. Obverse toned, but not a super stunner, and overpriced if you ask me. Walked the isles taking in all the coins and deciding what to spend my money on. I was hunting down Washington Quarters for my raw set. I managed to pick up a PCGS MS66 1952 D and a NGC MS66 1948 D. I got a 1936 Raw at a killer deal and came close to buying a 1940 D raw. During the lunch hours dealers were not at thier tables as much, either walking the isles or eating. I can't blame them. As the day wore on I saw that dealers were getting grumy a bit, some where. Being a younger one I got another first hand glance at how people stereo type people. Some dealers were really friendly, others did not have the time of day to even say hi. Overall I saw the show as a good one for dealers willing to make deals. If you had pieces and stuck to your guns, I saw people passing.

Some of the highlights of the show were an MS68 Toned Norfolk, Many coins from Anaconda were nice, etc etc. I saw a man who had some supurb toned Lincolns, which he had pulled from a National reserve bag recently. WOW. There in all 98 of them and he would not part with them seperately. He wanted $5,000.00 for the lot. One dealer I saw had 4 1796 Quaters, from G04 to F15. All Original pieces, and killer eye appeal to boot. So many nice coin there I lost track. Seems like the gold market was hot today for dealers buying it, but I did not see much selling of it going on. I got to look at some neat foriegn Thalers and other goodies.

My Purchase of the day came in a very unexpected form. I Netherlands coin from 1963 1G. Wait till I post the pictures of it. You will see why. I purchased a total of 10 coins today. Listed as follows...

25C 1952 D PCGS MS66

25C 1948 D NGC MS66

25C 1943 S NGC MS65

25C 1934 MS65 Heavy Motto

25C 1936 MS65

$1 1962 Liberia Coin MS65

1G 1963 Netherlands Coin MS66

1$ 1922 Peace Dollar Circ Light Cleaning (Giveaway)

8R 1890 ZS Mexico VF

8R 1897 ZS Mexico AU

Pictures to come later of some of the material. The quarters I picked up complete the back Capitol Plastic 1947 D to 1964 D. And the others are really cool to have. Overall thwe show was a good one for me. I came back with more coins and more money than I went with. Can't beat that!

I did not see too many colorfull commens, the Norfolk was not supurb toned(Not like the Oregan that sold) or that Delaware, but it has some nice oranges and reds as I remember. I did see a few really nice toned early American pieces ... bust pieces... I saw a few dealers with quite a few Commems. As a matter of the fact one dealer who had the Norfolk had 2 of them in MS68 PCGS.. very nice coins... Blistering coins.. Other than that I saw one rim target toned Texas Commem. I forgot the date and grade, but I remember a big sticker price on it.

Forgot to mention I stopped to talk with a dealer who had some toned material, to my eyes alot of it screamed WOW! and some maybe even AT. But he seemed to know what he was talking about and had storied with each coin. Some sweet electric blue coins, proofs, etc and a killer walker he wanted 2500.00 for .. Toning out of this world.... He said it came out of an Attic which it had been in for 20 years... Looked like an MS66... WOW!

Oh, now I see. foreheadslap.gif Still looks like a 65 at the right angle.

I paid $4000 for the top opthamologist in Las Vegas last year to perform LASIK surgery on my eyes. At times I still wonder if it was worth it or not. I lost my immaculent near vision and don't see as clear as I used to, just to not wear glasses. My vision was much better with corrective lenses although, I guess, that technically I now have near 20/20 vision.

Oh, now I see. foreheadslap.gif Still looks like a 65 at the right angle.

I paid $4000 for the top opthamologist in Las Vegas last year to perform LASIK surgery on my eyes. At times I still wonder if it was worth it or not. I lost my immaculent near vision and don't see as clear as I used to, just to not wear glasses. My vision was much better with corrective lenses although, I guess, that technically I now have near 20/20 vision.

Don't worry, I thought it was a '65 too... foreheadslap.gif