• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally got my 1807 Drapped Bust in and Imaged

8 posts in this topic

Been waiting more than 3 weeks for the seller to finally ship the coin......I was chomping at the bit waiting for it to arrive as this is the first real Drapped Bust coin I have ever owned thumbsup2.gif

I am going to include the Ebay sellers images......the images Heritage used back in 2001 to sell the coin and then Kryptoview images wink.gif

Ebay Sellers images:

storeanacs1807vg8.jpg

Heritage's original images:

276022028o.jpg

276022028r.jpg

My images both full slab and just the coin:

1807Obvslab.jpg

1807Revslab.jpg

1807Obv2.jpg

1807Rev2.jpg

while I like the coin I am rather suprised it was not netted out... still a great coin to own... Scratch would be the reason

Personally, I think it grades at least FINE, because the O-109a is notorious for a very flat central strike. Indeed, if you look between the stars, there are still lingering remnants of mint luster. Even in grades approaching AU - with a quarter of the mint luster still present - these coins have only a little more detail than yours.

Unfortunately, most collectors see these just as type coins, and grade them accordingly. But if properly grading by surface quality, etc, this particular variety is virtually always significantly undergraded by the grading services.

James