• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading fun......seated dollar

14 posts in this topic

I am torn between EF40 and EF45. As is typical, the reverse is substantially better than the obverse.

The coin seems a bit chewy on the obv, so I'm more inclined to value it at EF40.

EVP

Yeah, I had a hard time with that too, EVP. Any seated dollars I've seen in person, their reverses always seemed to be better then the obverse, is that typically what you see on them also?

I hate to agree with everyone, but, it seems like the obverse has too much "stuff" on it to go higher than EF40 overall. Still, a nice coin.

It's so hard to tell from a scan or a photo,,,, but i would grade it EF-40.

mike

-----------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Well, that's why I purchased it. Thought it was a no brainer xf coin, with hints of choice circling over the coin. PCGS graded this coin vf/35.

I hope I don't hear "well, I can see that because of some of the obv. chatter blah, blah, blah that pcgs would deduct 5 points from the grade. I think the debate with this coin is more xf, or xf/45. I'll pick a different coin later for a bit more debate. smile.gif

Oh yeah, there is much less "chatter" visible on the coin than appears in the scan. The trivial marks almost seem magnified in the pic. Just thought I'd throw that in.