• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has put together a Washington QTR Set or is putting one together?

41 posts in this topic

Keep them in the album.. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a 40 D last weekend. UNC... My set is down to a few coins as well as a few upgrades.... 6 coins and a few upgrades... ALL UNC mainly MS65 and up...

See I am not as advanced in gradin so I couldn't tell you what grade mine are. I hope they are all UNC. But how high of an MS, I couldn't tell you. My goal was to at least be MS60-63. I really hesitate buyin gfrom EBay but there is not very many dealers around here.

Anyone know any good dealers online, that would be helpful.

Thanks

See I am not as advanced in gradin so I couldn't tell you what grade mine are. I hope they are all UNC. But how high of an MS, I couldn't tell you. My goal was to at least be MS60-63. I really hesitate buyin gfrom EBay but there is not very many dealers around here.

Anyone know any good dealers online, that would be helpful.

Thanks

You say your not up to par as to what MS grade it would be.... I will show you a few from my set which I think are accuratly graded....

1934d.jpg

1942s.jpg

1935.jpg

If I sold that 34 D I would have a very hard time replacing that one. A true MS64 not overpirced or overgraded... How is your 1955 D? 52 D? 48 D? Those have been some of the harder dates for me to come across nice. I finally found mine but took some searching

I have a complete Set to present day Mostly RAW - VF20 to high MS .. I am sure you can tell which ones are VF20 smile.gif -

Highlights are

32d / 32s VF20 - 32p au

36/37/38 p MS Grade

39/40/41 High MS

45d/ 46 /46s /47/d MS Grade

54p / 55p High MS

68d-98d High MS

Took a lot of work to assemble but I look at it often as the prize it is ...

The Early years are in a Dansco Brown binder from 32- 98

The States are in Dansco Browns also ... However most of the Proofs in the State commemorative series are still in Proof Set boxes From 99-2006

This is a nice thread thanks for letting me tell you about it.

I do have a complete Mercury too 1916d and overdate 41/42 .. but I am sure that would be a different thread smile.gif

Sounds like a great set! when you say High MS MS65 and above?

65/66 in IMHO nothing higher than that

If I knew how to put good pics on here then I would put some on here for you. But I am not sure how.

If you can ever get some good pics please post then smile.gif

Just got this email from Albanese Coins if anyone is interested:

We are Liquidating Inventory of Washington quarters at our web site this week.

Prices have been greatly reduced. Please check them out with the link below...

http://www.coinace.com/SearchResultQuarterDollars.aspx?CategoryID=18

some nice quarters... but no images on most frown.gif I am sure they are nice, but no image = no buy. The one coin I was interested in the 34 D in MS66... I like the look of mine better so I think I will stay put ...