• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Amusing Observation

37 posts in this topic

Okay, I'll give it a shot. Believe it or not, I like it more for the die clashes than the toning.

Chris

Cool. I hope you win it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It should go to someone that appreciates it.

Good luck! Let me know if you do win.

Hays

Well, the auction ended and I lost..... DARNIT! Can someone explain to me why I lost? My bid of $245.80 posted with 4 seconds left in the auction and the (supposed) winning bid posted 1 second later at $246.88. The winner had not entered any other bids and it is my understanding that from $100.00 - $249.99 bids must be placed in increments of $2.50. The winning bid was only $1.08 more than mine. Should I complain to eBay? It's not fair when you try to play by the rules and get cheated by them at the same time.

Chris

AWW Chris THAT STINKS!

Yes, I think you should complain, eBay made the rules - they should stick to them!

It hurts everyone but the sniper. The seller makes less money - even eBay makes less money; but worse - it isn't fair to the other bidders!

RATS! I was really hoping you would get that one. frown.gif

Hays

That was probably the other guy's max bid. Your bid bumped his up to his max bid. His bid was higher than yours. Ergo, he wins the coin cloud9.gif

Added: I see. He bid after you. I don't know. Have a Pepsi on me gadget_pepsi.jpg

AWW Chris THAT STINKS!

Yes, I think you should complain, eBay made the rules - they should stick to them!

It hurts everyone but the sniper. The seller makes less money - even eBay makes less money; but worse - it isn't fair to the other bidders!

Hays

Wait...the seller makes less money by taking the higher bid of the two? How does that work confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

A bidder may be outbid by less than a full increment. This would happen if the winning bidder's maximum bid beats the second highest maximum by an amount less than the full increment.

Bid Increments

That is the only thing that makes sense. - Hays

AWW Chris THAT STINKS!

Hays

Wait...the seller makes less money by taking the higher bid of the two? How does that work confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I meant the seller makes more money if the next bid is at least the minimum bid allowed - it never occurred to me that the next bid could be a person's maximum bid and still be less than eBay's minimum bid. foreheadslap.gif

Hays