• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheridan's coins May auction

8 posts in this topic

Wow! What a collection of CBH coins. Thanks for the link. These don't appear to be the "best of the best" in his total collection but these will garner some very nice prices for the seller..

just based on the photos and sight seen might be different

but it seems to me that many 1811-1830 bust halves are conservative in the grading

HRC already auctioned off about 70 of the highest graded CBHs from the De Olden collection. Most lots met the reserve, some did not.

Sheridan's auction will likely bring prices realized similar to the Reiver prices. There won't be any bargains in Sheridan's auction, too many serious collectors bidding along with many dealers. Prices in this auction could easily surpass what we saw in the HRC Reiver sales.

I will make a few bids, but only give myself a very small chance of even a single win.

MikeKing,

Thanks for advertising this auction on the forum so I need to compete with even more bidders. makepoint.gif

why no 1795 small head o 126 127 128 varities?? 893whatthe.gif

these are important rare types to the series

hail.gif

i guess they are few AND FAR BETWEEN 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i thought they were separate IMPORTANT red book varities??

why RE THEY no longer listed small head as such in the current red books?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"Every lot is plated."

Too bad, I bet they were really nice coins! Why would anyone silver plate them? Are they really brass imitations? Were they taken from jewelry or did someone think that was better than lacquer or maybe shellac? I wonder how much damage was done during plating? ...

Ah, now I understand....they were pressing them into glass dinner plates to make coin glass? or......

Too bad the auction company didn't provide illustrations of every lot instead of having them plated.....

(now removing sarcastic hat...)

"Every lot is plated."

Too bad, I bet they were really nice coins! Why would anyone silver plate them? Are they really brass imitations? Were they taken from jewelry or did someone think that was better than lacquer or maybe shellac? I wonder how much damage was done during plating? ...

Ah, now I understand....they were pressing them into glass dinner plates to make coin glass? or......

Too bad the auction company didn't provide illustrations of every lot instead of having them plated.....

(now removing sarcastic hat...)

Maybe we can convince Mozin to not bid in this auction. This way I'll have less competition for one of these plated coins! poke2.gif

Sheridan carries some nice coins, though I believe his lack of internet savy in terms of his web site can keep participation down.