• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Great coin...one of my top 5 on the wish list.....I am wondering if you agree with the grade,What I am getting at is,What is keeping it down to 65?

When I see a coin that I personally ..Well I guess lust after... I tend to study It abnormally long and to be honest I am having a hard time finding fault with that coin.Why isn't it in a 66 holder?

Hi all

I just joined and this sounded like an interesting thread for my first post. My most recent acquisitions are, a roll of 1965 canadian half dollars, very nice, proof like, some with some toning. Also I bought a couple of the John Pinches 1974 United nations Flags silver ingots, again very noce, very crisp, spotless. And, I bought a 'grab bag' of US coins on ebay. Not sure what to make of it really. There was a nice Commeroative Silver Proof Washington half dollar and a couple of silver kennedy quaters, some early 1900 dimes, and some 1950's 1 cents.

Lee, that is a spectacular coin, do you want to sell it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifsmile.gif

Thanks guy's! I'm holding on to this one for a while. Very nice example. I think a little weakly struck and has a small hit on the eagles leg that keeps it out of a 66 holder. Great color and lustre though! wink.gif

Hi all

I just joined and this sounded like an interesting thread for my first post. My most recent acquisitions are, a roll of 1965 canadian half dollars, very nice, proof like, some with some toning. Also I bought a couple of the John Pinches 1974 United nations Flags silver ingots, again very noce, very crisp, spotless. And, I bought a 'grab bag' of US coins on ebay. Not sure what to make of it really. There was a nice Commeroative Silver Proof Washington half dollar and a couple of silver kennedy quaters, some early 1900 dimes, and some 1950's 1 cents.

Welcome to the neighborhood, tmb! Anything interesting happening, numismatic-wise, in the UK? By chance, do you know anyone who has any French, Belgian, or Swiss medals for sale? I don't mean the kind with dead monarchs on them.....more of the allegorical figures like the French Marianne.

There are alot of friendly, knowledgeable people, here, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Chris

When searching my 2005-P uncir. mint sets for the minnesota quarter error , one of the sets had 2 minnesota quarters in them. The 2nd minnesota quarter was in the slot for the california quarter,so the calif. quarter is missing from the sealed 5 quarter set. I'm a newbie and was wondering how this happened and is it rare for this type of packing error? I purchased approx. 10 of these sets and this was the only one like this. Do these type of sets sell for a premium??? Thanks for any help offered.

The hit on the eagle is not keeping it out of an MS66 holder, but the luster is.

I agree. In my opinion, the coin is more then clean enough hit wise to merit a grade of 66, but the luster needs more pop.

John

The hit on the eagle is not keeping it out of an MS66 holder, but the luster is.

I agree. In my opinion, the coin is more then clean enough hit wise to merit a grade of 66, but the luster needs more pop.

John

If it were mine I think I would take a shot....I just think it has a lot of personality/eye appeal...It's definitely a PQ65 IMO

When searching my 2005-P uncir. mint sets for the minnesota quarter error , one of the sets had 2 minnesota quarters in them. The 2nd minnesota quarter was in the slot for the california quarter,so the calif. quarter is missing from the sealed 5 quarter set. I'm a newbie and was wondering how this happened and is it rare for this type of packing error? I purchased approx. 10 of these sets and this was the only one like this. Do these type of sets sell for a premium??? Thanks for any help offered.

Not really. Mint Sets don't usually have the close inspection that is common with the Proof Sets, so packaging mistakes like this do happen from time to time.

Chris

My latest Teletrade purchase. PCGS MS64 1900-O/CC

1900OCC.jpg

SWEEEET!!!!

You know when I am looking through auction sites that is the first thing I look for to cherrypick. O/CC Sweet thumbsup2.gif

More beauties Lee? When will it end? blush.gif

Recently got my quarterly bonus. I like to put some of that into coins, as you see here. smile.gif No more $$ left. frown.gif Saving up now for Baltimore Show, my first.

That 1885 morgan has a reverse motto just below the cud line (book has only IN as 2 letters of rev motto---your's looks to have TRUST ,with TR in front of neck, then UST on neck.

That should be a major error/variety and worth big bucks in mint state anything!

1872 5c proof minor doubled die obverse. I finally decided to bring an example of this variety into my collection. It's an easy variety to find; in fact, a high percentage of 1872 proofs were struck with this doubled die (S2-1015, F-06, 3-O-III). You will sometimes see 1872 proof DDOs erroneously listed as FS-007.

This example appeals to me because it's original, very clean, and a pleasing (to me, at least) golden tone with subtle shades of green. So, after passing over many opportunities, I finally pulled the trigger on this one. The fields are not deeply mirrored -- which is typical for Shield proofs -- but there is a bit of cameo contrast.

1193092-1872S2-1015obv%26rev.jpg

1193094-1872S2-1015cross%26annulet.jpg

Winston, I like the '93-CC that's cool! thumbsup2.gif

Mike, that's a cool coin, what is it? I've heard something about Hibernia coins, is that one? I'm guessing it's English of some variety.