• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Victor those are "Super" Nice!!!!!!!!!!!! Was the only bidder on this one from the Heritage Long Beach Signature Auction: smile.gif

Lavender and sunset-orange converge in the patina of this Art Deco commemorative. Solidly struck and lustrous, with dark toning noted on the obverse between 5 and 9 oclock.

416003539o.jpg

416003539olarge.jpg

416003539rlarge.jpg

Thanks for the compliment, Lee. I still really appreciate the acquisitions that I got from you. thumbsup2.gif

The obverse of you commem is nothing less than awesome! It brings the tree to life and gives the coin so much character!!

You're going to pass me in the type set in no time, Victor! thumbsup2.gif

If I got some of my raw type graded then I would add probably 6000 points onto the score. Maybe someday...

I can't wait to see the AU 1794 Large Cent that Hoot sent me. It will be extremely nice. Also, James Garcia has a 1795 half that a buyer left him hanging on so, just maybe, that baby will be mine? tongue.gif

What did you think of my image of your dime? I think that I could have brought the colors out better but I needed another light to do that. Still, it more closely resembles the coin w/o a direct light source.

By the way, Tom, thank you so much for this coin!

And why have you made no comment on the pseudo-picture that I posted of you on the face behind the poster thread? poke2.gifgrin.gif

That's an...ummmm...interesting choice of images... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Did you notice Bruce has a picture of his sister up there? 893whatthe.gif

I sure do. She is in SMU Cox Law School right now. She is going for Corporate Law.

That's an...ummmm...interesting choice of images... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Did you notice Bruce has a picture of his sister up there? 893whatthe.gif

Are you kidding?! She is so very beautiful and is definitely a lady! And smart to boot! cloud9.gif

That CT coin is very pretty. I have to aggree with Tom, it's a nice design. Perhaps I''m biased, now living in CT, but that oak tree is so typical and so is the eagle, which is so large, it's outstanding. Tone that up with a little brown, and you've got Connecticut on a coin. Nice. I'd show mine, but I had it crossed to PCGS and I think they forgot to photo it. I'll take photos of it now that it's in a new holder. will be easier. The NGC holder it was in looked like someone rubbed it with brillo, so photographing it was too frustrating for me to keep trying.

I like yours better too, and for $140 more, it should be. I wanted for my type set in PO-G. He says Net AG3 because of the scratches. I like it!

Didn't say anything about you Zach... Just that I liked his coins. cloud9.gif

Here are two more So Called Dollar’s for my collection that just arrived today. The first is a HK-462

1402388-hk-462obv.jpg1402391-hk-462rev.jpg

It is struck in bronze and it is graded MS-66 by NGC. It is listed in Hibler & Kappen as very scarce, meaning only 251 to 500 pieces known, and at this time it is tied with one other in the NCG census as the finest known.

The second medal is a HK-559.

1402396-hk-559obv.jpg1402397-hk-559rev.jpg

This one is graded MS-67, and while not a particularly rare medal overall, this example is the only MS-67 graded by NGC, with only three other examples graded higher at MS-68. It is struck in gilt bronze and is much nicer in hand then my photos depict.

As always, comments and questions are welcome.

John

Wow, John, you have so outstanding, high-grade examples of some incredible SCD's! I went on an ebay tangent buying them for awhile and got the HK book as well. It is a fascinating area the is getting to be increasingly popular. Of course, my favorites will always be the US 1876 Centennial medals.

Do you have any examples of these?