• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The finest toned proof 2c in existance

21 posts in this topic

oh my

my my my my my my my my my my my my

an outraegous coin 893applaud-thumb.gif

devil.gifMONSTER toned devil.gif

and civil war date to boot flamed.gif

superb gem proof cloud9.gif

wildly toned thumbsup2.gif

and strongly cameoed 893whatthe.gif

oh great coin you would make grown men weep for joy hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Gee, I wonder where that coin came from... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Seems like a nice little hoard must have been sold lately. smirk.gif

Superb, Dave - congrats!

Hoot

Hoot--You are very wise. smile.gif

IGWT--Nope. Just like any toned copper. Wait til you see a few MPL pics I just got in. cloud9.gif

I have been trying to get a good image of this coin for awhile now. Finally I think this image nails it.

Outstanding coin. May I ask where you found this monster?

edited to add: how DID you image it?

I bought the coin from a fellow board member who is know for his exquisite taste in toned coinage.

The image is PCGS trueview. And I must say again, that it is 100% accurate in terms of surfaces and color.

oh my

my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my

now is the color and technical grade of this coin better

or 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

is the collector better that

you acquired it from 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dave, apparently you just had it graded. Did they grade it PR66 RB at PCGS??

They certainly got better images than I could of mine. [To see the true brilliance of colors, one must view it with the light source straight on, making it difficult for me to image w/o a lens attachment.] Yet, regardless of how they show the colors, they don't even come a smidgen of a hair in capturing the true beauty of these coins! In person, the fields actually come to life and glow with those gorgeous blues and reds! Almost quite literally. I consider it an honor to own one of these rare, esquisite beauties! To own a coin like this one must have luck in his favor by knowing the right person at the right time. To that right person I just want to say thank you!

yay.gifWorthy of a Banana Dance! yay.gif

I believe that both Dave and Victor can rightly claim to have the "finest." Awesome coins. I think Michael ran out of emoticons! tongue.gif