• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up my 1st New ANACS holder with a pretty little IHC inside

8 posts in this topic

Thought I would see what all the fuss was about with regards to these new ANACS holders and spotted this colorful coin at a bargain price so I decided to take the plunge. My first thought is that if NGC holder allowed me to take as clean a photo as this holder.....they would get all of my business but alas IHC's are burried in their plastic inserts which drives me crazy frustrated.gif

I also notice there is a lot of lint inside the holder that will affect my pictures as the lint seems to be able to move around and possibly get between the coin and my lens....not good. Finaly....it has been said that the holders are flimsy and could easily be cracked with your bare hands.....I agree with the assessment and I would personally not buy ANACS graded coins for the security and protection offered by these new holders. I still might buy them as I buy coins and not plastic....but if I was was looking for a secure tomb.....I would look elsewhere.

Oh and I have no problem with the blue label and fonts on the holder........

ANACS MS63RB

1901IHC.JPG

Nice coin shane, well struck and very pretty toning. cloud9.gif

In a MS63 RB holder it looks like you got a lot of cool coin for the money. thumbsup2.gif

I love the toning!. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Wonderful pictures and a great coin addition. cloud9.gif What you say about the new ANACS holders affirms what James at EarlyUS posted earlier this week.

The main thing is the coin looks accurately graded. The holders will be less of an issue if they grade very well. They can fix the holders in time... I like it alot. Thanks for posting