• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 more trueview pics.

12 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gif

oh my that 1864 civil war date is beautiful cloud9.gif and unique and the bomb flowerred.gif unbelieveable 893applaud-thumb.gif

the 1881 is way cool cool.gif

if i was a coin i would be that 1881

and would any of you sexy flamed.gif guys on here want me yay.gif

I really must say that these images are 100% accurate. The colors and vibrancy are dead on.

The colors and definition are beautiful. I have a serious problem with the "vibrancy" and the 100% accurate part. This is a PR65BN. Where are the mirrors? I assume they are there, but...

Aren't reflective mirrors part of the appeal of an IH PR65BN coin? This coin looks MS to me, I had to look the serial # up on PCGS's site before making this post to confirm it was a proof.

I have a lot of problems with PCGS's "True View" imaging. They do a better job than most of us can, and their images certainly appeal to their collectors. But they don't look "True View" to me just yet;)

Thank goodness for small miracles and they are "only" proof IHCs. The 1864 has wonderful color and I bet that the color really jumps off the surfaces when it is tilted.

ALL THAT Mirroring must be covered up by all that blue and red illness it has

makepoint.gif

I would clean it up back to a nice mirrored surface if I was you .. it is a proof coin isn't it - should be nice and shiney ..

foreheadslap.gif

Just joking

Paul,

As you know it is very difficult to capture both the mirrors and the color on toned IHCs. I had the option of imaging the colors or the mirrors. Since I believe the colors are the truest representation of these coins, I chose to have the colors imaged.

You have taken some amazing photos of coins. I would like nothing better than to send one to you to experience your skills. You have my email, just send me your address and I'll get one right out to you.