• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another new Lincoln

10 posts in this topic

Saw this coin at Rick Snow's table in Baltimore. I am a sucker for blue toners. But also for civil war dated things and Lincoln. It is also an R-9. I think it compliments my toned IHC's and matte proofs.

1864Lincolntokensmall.jpg

I like it, and it does complement your Lincoln matte proofs. The "rope" dentils on the obverse are a fancy frame for a relatively rustic portrait. Is this coin classified as a CWT?

That's a very cool coin. I like it too.

Hey, on the reverse is that a double-barrel cannon? ...or a cannon with a muzzel on both ends? ...I can't tell with all them flags in the way.

I think it's two cannons.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

Hey, is that a cannon ball you got there as your ICON? If it is, then you need to make them flames more red that are coming off of it. The way it is it looks like a ECLYPSE. smile.gif

Nope, not a cannonball, it's a total solar eclipse. Astronomy is one of my other hobbies. It's one of NGC's stock avatars, but I don't like it very much. I think I'll go change it.

Zach

EDIT: There, it's Saturn now.

monster coin superb rarity like 5 or less

known and also wonderful preservation and killer original

toning from long term storage in tissue and envelopes

cloud9.gifangel.gifcloud9.gif