• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1806 Bust Quarter

FAIR  

63 members have voted

1. 1. FAIR

5 posts in this topic

1165407-1806BustquarterObverse.jpg1165408-1806BustquarterReverse.jpg

What would you grade this?

This is from a Philedelphia collection from the 1940's. It is an original coin with no damage that was most probably picked out of circulation in the 1930's which was spent during the depression days and went into the Philedelphia collection. It has honest wear and has more details than the photos show. It is not a high grade but it is more than an acceptable example of this early, historical date. If an individual placed an order of a dozen examples of an early date quarter such as this one then where would they find? They are just not available.

Looks like a nice FA2.5 to me.

I love coins like that!

So, with market grading rounding things up the it looks like an AG3. wink.gif

I still find it incredible that these designs were discontinued (especially for such a horrendous Miss Liberty). These designs not only are appealling but they also wear extremely well! They still retain an appeal even in such a low grade.

It barely makes Fair to me. In fact, my first impression was "PO-1", but I guess there is enough detail on the reverse to bring about the 2 grade.

This is a wonderful, fantastic example of the true workhorse of the American economic engine of the early 19th century.

James