• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone help me out?

33 posts in this topic

OMG!!! Could this be the beginnings of a new VAM??? 893whatthe.gif

If it is, it will just have to take its place in line. I have several that I can't find in any of the VAM reference material, but I've procrastinated and never sent them to Leroy for confirmation.

Honestly Chris,I've seen a number of Morgans with this reverse die clash. I was under the impression that this was very common?

Yes, Hayden, the "v-shape" between the eagle's wing and the wreath is seen quite often on many different dates & mintmarks. Quite often you will even see it coupled with an obverse die clash that looks like a spike coming out of the neck of Liberty. In fact, I have one of these clashes that is also doubled. The fact that the two of these clashes are doubled might be undocumented, but I think what Billy was getting at was that it is coupled with the mark below IGWT.

Chris