• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am having non bidding remorse...

8 posts in this topic

I saw a coin on ebay I liked. Put it on my watch list, etc. Well I did not end up bidding on it. Now I wished I had bid on this common date coin. Seeing what it went for I would have gladly paid more for it. Have a look at the coin. Maybe something can help me get over this coin.

tonedcent.jpg

You can say what you want about the coin being not worth alot, but givin its state(100% original if you ask me), I would buy that coin all day long and now the search is on for another like it. Wish me luck. I need something. Everytime I look at the coin, I just think it could have been mine

Don’t you hate it when that happens? makepoint.gif

I have had the same thing happen to me many times, while the buyer took the auction for a favorable price, had you bid aggressively you could have paid a premium. You never know how high the other bidder is willing to bid.

A note about making the buyer an offer: I wouldn’t worry about making the winner an offer. Just be sure you make it clear to (him, her or it) in your request that you don’t wish to violate any ebay rules, and ask that they offer it for sale on ebay, also tell (him. her, or it) to disregard this request if they are uncomfortable with it.

And don’t worry, I have seen Power Sellers get by with a lot on ebay. poke2.gif

I don't think there's anything wrong with making an offer to someone who won an auction.

But you wanted someone to tell you something that would make you feel better about not bidding on it:

it's AT

OK????

OK????

it's AT, not NT, it's AT

All joking aside, I actually like that coin very much, and I would contact the buyer if it means that much to you, can't hurt. But one thing I learned a long time ago about stocks, I think, applies to coins....There will always be another stock/coin to buy...don't sweat it.

i see nothing wrong with offering the winning bidder a chance to make some money, but you can also say that if s/he wants the security of ebay, to list it at a pre-arranged price as a "buy it now" and then buy it as soon as it appears.

i must say, that is a hot looking abe. i'd do it.