• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you like my photography NOW!? Warning, lots of photos.

34 posts in this topic

Come on, Travis, give me the Michael Jackson break-dancing banana jig. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks, guys! Whew, what a difference a day and lots of friends make!

takeit.gif

EZ_VIEW ® acclaim.gif

Cool! That's a keeper.

Bummer. I just got offered a cat scan job in Hilo, Hawaii but I had to turn it down since I travel with a big dog.

Nice pictures Victor! You have improved greatly! wink.gif

I see that your set is looking great,54/162. Now just get the rest of your collection certified so that you can leave these wannabes in the dust! headbang.gif

1137769-18652creverse1.jpg

AT!!! poke2.gifstooges.gif

Not even close there, compadre! Read what I posted on the registry page under this coin. An eye-appealing proof two cent piece is so rare and unknown that most people just don't understand it. This has the same type of toning that many IHC's have but is seldom ever seen on this denomination.

1137769-18652creverse1.jpg

AT!!! poke2.gifstooges.gif

Not even close there, compadre! Read what I posted on the registry page under this coin. An eye-appealing proof two cent piece is so rare and unknown that most people just don't understand it. This has the same type of toning that many IHC's have but is seldom ever seen on this denomination.

On your registry page,so that's where it's AT 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice pictures Victor! You have improved greatly! wink.gif

I see that your set is looking great,54/162. Now just get the rest of your collection certified so that you can leave these wannabes in the dust! headbang.gif

No doubt! I have lots that aren't registered but I'll be working on it.

BTW, compare the two images of the two-cent piece above. Notice that light has to reflect just the right way to reflect the irradicience (sp?) of this piece. The two pics vary based upon the angle of the light. If it were AT, this wouldn't be so.

No doubt! I have lots that aren't registered but I'll be working on it.

BTW, compare the two images of the two-cent piece above. Notice that light has to reflect just the right way to reflect the irradicience (sp?) of this piece. The two pics vary based upon the angle of the light. If it were AT, this wouldn't be so.

I was joking screwy.gif

BTW,have you tried the axial lighting method? This should really bring out the colors...

Actually, I didn't since the lens in the super macro mode is so close to the coin. What I did do was set up two OTT lights. One permanent and one hand held. I would then shine it to provide the best effect and shoot the shot with a remote.

And, I didn't cover the light with a white sheet of paper, either.

Actually, I didn't since the lens in the super macro mode is so close to the coin. What I did do was set up two OTT lights. One permanent and one hand held. I would then shine it to provide the best effect and shoot the shot with a remote.

And, I didn't cover the light with a white sheet of paper, either.

Well it wouldn't hurt to show us a few shots with the color,I'm sure you could find a spare picture frame...just pull that camera back a little.

I did have a hard time getting color on some shots. I'll try experimenting a little.

oh my

my my my my my my my my my my my

victor the photos are great and now i know waht this 1885 quarter looks like as you got two great photos to show both sides of the coin so to speak and they are utterly fantastic

that proof two center is also superlative cloud9.gif

monster thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

superb flowerred.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

if i could reward you i would give you your weight in

chocolate coins!! hail.gif

i might not be able to afford it if you have porked up as of late 893whatthe.gif

Those are great photos, but even better coins, Victor. wink.gif

Great improvements in just a few days!

Hoot

Those are great photos, but even better coins, Victor.

You said it there Hoot. thumbsup2.gif

I took a look at your type set, sweet stuff you got going there Victor. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Your 19th century proofs have got me drooling large. insane.gif

You're rockin now with the photos, keep it up buddy! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

if i could reward you i would give you your weight in

chocolate coins!! hail.gif

Actually....

as you know, I've collected the Coin World articles on Modern commemoratives since the column started over a year ago. But, my subscription ran out last month and they burgared up the renewal so, have you been able to save the articles for me since the second edition in january??? It would be such a shame to collect them so far and to miss the last few. Let me know because this is very important to me. Thanks, Mike.

ezview0wi.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Hey, this is awesome!! Thanks. I'm goin' ta right click and save it and there ain't a darn thing you can do to stop me! grin.gif

Thanks Spider and to everyone else (except Hayden 893whatthe.gif) for the feedback and thoughts.

irradicience (sp?)

Irridescence!!!

Nice work on the pics, Victor. Now, try entering them top to bottom so I don't have to scroll back and forth so much. It makes me dizzy.

Chris