• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I feel like a Kid again!

4 posts in this topic

I got an unexpected present for my birthday back in January.

My Sister-In-Law, knowing that I collect coins, burst through the door with a giant coffee can of Lincoln Cents.

"What's that", I asked.

"24 dollars in Lincolns that were lying around. Happy Birthday!"

It struck me that now would be the time to create a new Dansco album from circulation.

So I started building it up. I decided that they should be uncs, even if they were not all red. I had the time of my life!

I felt like a Kid again. Filling holes in an album just like I used to when I started back in 1967. My wife thinks I'm crazy (she's right). Maybe I shouldn't have screamed YESSSSSSSSSSS as loud as I did when I found a nice red 74-S.

The best part is........I found every coin from 1974 to the present! The oldest "Keeper" was a beautiful red 1969-S.

Pick up an old Lincoln album and try it.

You'll enjoy every minute of it.

Pete

This is fantastic. I did a similar thing a couple of years ago when I went to the bank and bought a bunch of rolls of Kennedy halves. Filled most of an album with high AU and Unc pieces. Took the remainder back and re-deposited them. It was a blast.

Hoot