• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collector in Arkansas seeking......

18 posts in this topic

I am looking for other collectors in Arkansas, South-East Missouri, West Tennessee. I live in Northeast Arknasas near Jonesboro, and do not know many people around that collect coins. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet other collectors to "talk shop".

Not alot of shows around close or often, however I will be attending a show in Memphis tommorrow. Hope to meet others that live in the vicinity. I have a wife and two daughters that share the passion as well.

Thanks.... Look forward to hearing from you...

Howdy, Larry, I'm temporarily in Arkansas, 50 miles north of Conway. Moved my mom here from Vegas about 3 yrs back. But, I travel the country as an x-ray tech and just use the place here as sort of a home camp between assignments.

The NGC forum does wonders in alleviating the "jonesing" for coin talk! Keep on posting!

thumbsup2.gif

I am looking for other collectors in Arkansas, South-East Missouri, West Tennessee. I live in Northeast Arknasas near Jonesboro, and do not know many people around that collect coins. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet other collectors to "talk shop".

Not alot of shows around close or often, however I will be attending a show in Memphis tommorrow. Hope to meet others that live in the vicinity. I have a wife and two daughters that share the passion as well.

Thanks.... Look forward to hearing from you...

Larry,

I live in Williston, Tennessee which is 40 miles east of Memphis. We're a distance away from each other, but it would be nice to talk with other collecters in the area because I don't know many either and I'm out in the middle of nowhere. I'm curious where the show is in Memphis tomorrow. I'm like you, I don't see many shows coming through the Mid-South often either and I'd love to attend one. Maybe we could meet there tomorrow?

Greg

If it wasn't for different coin forums, I'd be a basket case!. I live between Houston and Austin. Coin shows were fun for awhile, but I got tired of going alone to those too. So, Thank goodness for the forums!!!!

By the way, welcome. And if the NGC forums don't suit your needs, there are others. I've posted on all that I can find. But I like here for asking questions.

Jerry

I don't think that us Arkies invited any darn Texans around. Geez, next thing you know we'll be infiltrated by a bunch of Okies. foreheadslap.gif

grin.gif

Actually, I was born in Arkansas, raised in Oklahoma and am now waiting for my Texas x-ray license to go work there for a spell.

THanks Guys.....

THe show tommorrow is the Memphis Coin Club, I found it and the address here Coin Shows

It is at the corner of Central Ave. and East Parkway near Libertyland.....

I will check back here in the morning to see if you will be there. We get should there about 10:30 to 11:00 .... BUT I do have a wife and two girls .. so I may not get out of the house til then... 27_laughing.gif

Email me if you would like at larrytowell@hotmail.com and I will send you my cell number.

larrytowell@hotmail.com

I don't think that us Arkies invited any darn Texans around. Geez, next thing you know we'll be infiltrated by a bunch of Okies. foreheadslap.gif

grin.gif

Actually, I was born in Arkansas, raised in Oklahoma and am now waiting for my Texas x-ray license to go work there for a spell.

BWaaahaaahaaahaaa

With a pedigree like that I bet you are one confused soul !!!!! confused.gif

Kind of hard to get all three of those states in one room and get along.... Much less inside of one head.... 27_laughing.gif

grin.gif

BWaaahaaahaaahaaa

With a pedigree like that I bet you are one confused soul !!!!! confused.gif

Kind of hard to get all three of those states in one room and get along.... Much less inside of one head.... 27_laughing.gif

grin.gif

You looking for a tussle there, fella? grin.gif

I think that you'll fit in just fine on these boards! Don't be a stranger.

THanks Guys.....

THe show tommorrow is the Memphis Coin Club, I found it and the address here Coin Shows

It is at the corner of Central Ave. and East Parkway near Libertyland.....

I will check back here in the morning to see if you will be there. We get should there about 10:30 to 11:00 .... BUT I do have a wife and two girls .. so I may not get out of the house til then...

Email me if you would like at larrytowell@hotmail.com and I will send you my cell number.

larrytowell@hotmail.com

After a horrible night's sleep, I just got up. It doesn't look like I'm going to make it today. The information you provided was great though! I never realized there was a site that tracked coin shows across the country. I've got it bookmarked now. We may need to link up sometime or we can at least communicate by email. My email address is gregjansen@direcway.com. I think our rural locations make it difficult for us link up often. There's got to be coin clubs or other organizations in our areas. I guess it's just a matter of seeking them out. I'd love to exchange collecting interests and pick your brain sometime though. I may try and hit the show tomorrow. I'm still interested in going to one.

Thanks,

Greg

Grumps we had a really good time, there was a good turn out. My Eleven year old daughter about broke the bank, but she got what she went looking for, and then some.

She and I may go back tommorrow as well. The wife and the four year old only allowed us about three hours or so to search through all the coins.

Kudos to the wife..... She really took one for the team keeping up with the four year old. We found them asleep in the car when left.

It was a good show overall. Quite a few vendors. You will enjoy it.

Tennessee and surrounding states collectors,

I'm 40 miles south of Nashville, even further away, but here are a couple of TN websites that might interest you. There is a paper money show in Memphis in June if you are into bills. confused-smiley-013.gif Hope this helps! gossip.gif

Tennessee State Numismatic Society

Tennessee Merchant Scrip

Tenessee Coin Clubs

PS - My son and I will be at the Chattanooga Show next Saturday, March 4. Email me for my cell number and look us up if you decide to attend. hi.gif

my email: mcepres@charter.net

grin.gif

Oklahoma? Arkansas? Texas? Hmm...........would that be an O-A-T-er?

Chris

Oklahoma? Arkansas? Texas? Hmm...........would that be an O-A-T-er?

Well, that's better than OK, AR and FL. Otherwise, I'd be an O-A-F. foreheadslap.gif

How's the camera coming, Chris? I got Adobe Photoshop Element 4.0 in the mail today. Took an hour to download it. Still haven't gotten the camera, though. Have the tripod and OTT lights. Those lights are awesome just to use indoor! Such a difference from regular lighting!