• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Washington Quarter.....and another sleeper bites the dust!!

20 posts in this topic

I call it a sleeper when I can buy a coin for a song that looks terrible from the image, but that I feel will be a stunner in hand. So far I have never purchased a sleeper and had it turn out to be a dog....I just have a knack for spotting something in a crappy image that gives me a sense the the coin might be quite different in hand. It may be the description...or the image itself but something just sets off an alarm in my brain and since the downside is minimal with these cheap coins....what the heck.

So I bought this PCGS 1958-D MS65:

BeforeObv.jpgBeforeRev.jpg

and received this: (Note the damage up towards the "B" in Liberty is on the pastic insert and not the coin)

58DRainbowObv.jpg58DRainbowRev.jpg

Just a little bit of a difference....and for $14 bucks I don't think I will lose any sleep over the deal yay.gif

I'm very sorry to hear about this Shane,I can understand what you must be going through right now. Since I'm a nice guy why don't you mail it out to me and I'll take this ugly thing off your hands.

insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

See, a nice deal and a nice coin that wasn't a 2000% mark up. devil.gif

I am very frugal so when I don't have to pay 50X sheet......my wife loves me just a little bit more cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I am very frugal so when I don't have to pay 50X sheet......my wife loves me just a little bit more cloud9.gif

cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

In other words he "forgot" to tell his wife how much he really payed... insane.gif

I'm afraid to comment on a toned coin. blush.gif Nice pick-up, Shane. thumbsup2.gif

I promise it's not worth $14,000k and that's all I'll guarantee stooges.gif

Come on Lou,it's PCGS! You know they would never let an AT coin get into one of their holders! yeahok.gif

stooges.gif

Hayden...I can't believe you would infer that the coin could be AT.......I have been damaged by your accusations here sir and damages must be paid 893naughty-thumb.gif

Ok...I will settle out of court if you send me the image of my coins you borrowed headbang.gif

I'm afraid to comment on a toned coin. blush.gif Nice pick-up, Shane. thumbsup2.gif

I promise it's not worth $14,000k and that's all I'll guarantee stooges.gif

You better take those pics down before braddick gets a chance to copy them into his "gumshoe" files.

Hayden...I can't believe you would infer that the coin could be AT.......I have been damaged by your accusations here sir and damages must be paid 893naughty-thumb.gif

Ok...I will settle out of court if you send me the image of my coins you borrowed headbang.gif

Patience is a virtue my friend,I'm still trying to get rid of the oversaturation...Plus I was busy imaging,oh wait,I guess that would be spamming. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif

Patience is a virtue my friend,I'm still trying to get rid of the oversaturation...Plus I was busy imaging,oh wait,I guess that would be spamming. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hayden if you would only adopt HamsterviewTM your pictures would be more life like poke2.gif

hayden if you would only adopt HamsterviewTM your pictures would be more life like poke2.gif

yeahok.gif