• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1979 & 1981 proof sets... determining type 1 & 2's

7 posts in this topic

Do you have " The Official Red Book" a guide book of United States Coins? If you don't you need to get it. What you are asking could be real hard to cover with just one answer. Then you examine each one of them and label.

Many of the sets are mixed type I and type II. Complete sets are relatively uncommon which is why they have a premium. The dollars and cents have more premium mainly because there is more demand.

A nice looking 1981 T2 PR69RDU usually goes for more than $200 on eBay for true Dutch auctions. I think there are currently 2 Buy It Now listings, one for almost $400 and I believe the other is over $500. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I was lucky and picked up a beautiful 1979 T2 PR69RDU for less than $40 yay.gif but I think they usually go for almost $100.

Both Type 1 coins in PR69RDU can be picked for around $20-40 on eBay.

These prices are all based on NGC graded coins.

Michael

A nice looking 1981 T2 PR69RDU usually goes for more than $200 on eBay for true Dutch auctions. I think there are currently 2 Buy It Now listings, one for almost $400 and I believe the other is over $500. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I was lucky and picked up a beautiful 1979 T2 PR69RDU for less than $40 yay.gif but I think they usually go for almost $100.

Both Type 1 coins in PR69RDU can be picked for around $20-40 on eBay.

These prices are all based on NGC graded coins.

Michael

i sold an NGC 81 pf68ucam for $60 :/ i was a little let down i think..

good stuff.... i like these

i sold an NGC 81 pf68ucam for $60 :/ i was a little let down i think..

good stuff.... i like these

Don't be upset over that price. An 81T2 68ucam for $60? I would be very suprised if you didn't make a handsome profit on that coin! Those coins usually only bring about $35-40.

A 79T2 68ucam can be found for about $20.