• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Kryptoview of my first Toned Morgan.....Sweet!!!

23 posts in this topic

Yes that's right with my newly patented photography system ...complete with high tech gadgets like Target Gooseneck Lamps, a calculator case, and the very critical Remote control Hummer battery......I give you

KryptoviewTM acclaim.gif

1885OMS62b.jpg

Although the grade really doesn't matter to me on this coin I will tell you it's in an old NGC no line Fatty and it is graded an MS62. The reverse is a 65+ and the Obverse is a solid 63....so it must have been an off day for the graders. Still I take comfort in knowing that if resubmitted there is every reason to believe it would be upgraded to a 63*. yay.gif

Just when you though you couldn't handle anymore color...here are a few more of my babies shot with this new complex technology.... insane.gif

1880SBlue.jpg

1887NeonObv2.jpg

1881MS66Obv.jpg

1886RainbowRev.jpg

1938DNGCMS66b.JPG

I think they may have been even cheaper than that.....like maybe 5.99 but yes...the cheap ones and I use GE Reveal bulbs.

I'm sorry but that's my lighting secret 893naughty-thumb.gif

the patent office is going to hear about this one poke2.gif

Looks like all of my Kryptoview royalties are going to go towards paying my legal fees 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That and 25 cents will get me a dull circulated quarter yeahok.gif

For once I think my image actually compare well to yours......which means I am catching up Hayden.....better step up your game a notch 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Now where are the rest of my images 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you want to catch up with Hayden you don't need to step up your game. You just need to crank up the saturation. 893whatthe.gif

devil.gif

My thoughts exactly. 893whatthe.gif

Hoot

Definitely nice photos but too large and takes too long to download. Not too user friendly. But, 'tis easy to criticize. Let's see how well I can do once my camera arrives. confused-smiley-013.gif

p.s. What software do you use to patch the obverse and reverse together?

The color and lighting and exposure all look very nice

A little constructive criticism....

Many of your shots are out of focus.

Try increasing the f-stop (smaller aperature) to increase your depth of field.

Hope this helps...Mike

Definitely nice photos but too large and takes too long to download. Not too user friendly. But, 'tis easy to criticize. Let's see how well I can do once my camera arrives. confused-smiley-013.gif

p.s. What software do you use to patch the obverse and reverse together?

I am just using MS Paint....nothing fancy about it thumbsup2.gif

The color and lighting and exposure all look very nice

A little constructive criticism....

Many of your shots are out of focus.

Try increasing the f-stop (smaller aperature) to increase your depth of field.

Hope this helps...Mike

Maybe my eyes are out of focus because the shots look in focus to me 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Actually I have all the setting pretty much auto focus so I am not really sure about adjusting the f-stop 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ps...I don't have a copy stand so all of these photos are taken with me holding the camera in my grubby paws.....that might be why you don't think they are all the way in focus.......even a tiny amount of movement while in macro mode would have an impact on the clarity of the images I suppose. Thanks for the tips!!!

Nice pictures Shane, the colors look great and the luster shows well too, I sometimes have trouble getting both to look right in the same photo.

Of course it doesn’t hurt to have fantastic looking coins to start either. thumbsup2.gif

What camera are you using?

Paul...I am using a Nikon CoolPix 5400 with the addition of a 49mm +10 macro lens....which helps me get just a little bit closer without having to be right on top of the coin.