• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A crusty new Peace dollar from E of Bay

10 posts in this topic

I certainly took a chance on this one as the auction picture and description (very toned) sure didn't give any indication of what I was getting.........but for the price I thought it was worth a shot. This one is a little xrusty but mixed in with the autumn colors is the whole pallet of the rainbow to include, Blue, Green, Red, and purple. I wouldn't qualify this as a major score or a monster toner but I was looking for a bargain priced toned peace dollar to add to my NGC Toned Registry set and I think at the $35 level....I succeded in doing just that thumbsup2.gif

Coin

1924Peacedollar.JPG

The coin is a little lighter than it appears in the photo's.......it tends to be darker when photographed straight on but when the coin is tilted at any angle the colors pop of the coins surface and it's certainly a bit lighter. acclaim.gif

Hi Shane -- I need some education. The purple-brown on Liberty's face & neck looks odd to me, especially because it ends abruptly with a distinct boundary. It looks more like a stain than toning to me than. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi Shane -- I need some education. The purple-brown on Liberty's face & neck looks odd to me, especially because it ends abruptly with a distinct boundary. It looks more like a stain than toning to me than. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's not a stain but yes that area is very interesting in that it looks like it is untoned or the toning on that area was removed or flaked off. I thought that this coins might have been in some sort of album and when removed...possibly part of the toning stuck to the album. This is a complete guess as I haven't heard of that happening in albums but I know it is quite common with bag toned Morgans.

I think must would consider it ED...or environmental damage but that won't keep it out of most holders. I think it adds an interesting look to the coin and it is most certainl a lavendar/purple in hand. thumbsup2.gif

I love it!! cloud9.gif

Not to insult your Morgans, but I much prefer this type of tone over the Crayola tone that seems to bring the money these days. Yes, that area on the obverse is a bit odd, but I love the reverse.