• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best Picture I have ever taken!!!!

2 posts in this topic

I have been getting better with my images over the past year but I am still no wear near as advanced as many of our memmbers here and on the other forums. I have always been able to capture the color pretty well but not the luster and if I could get a luster shot the color would be faded or flat. Seeing how effective Jeremy and Hayden are in capturing both made me decide to tinker with my camera settings over the last few weeks. My goal like the majority of us here was to produce a quality picture that gave the closest representation of the coin in hand as possbile, which we all know is frankly impossible

So I decided to experiment with my new reverse toner that I got from Gary this week. The colors are superb, but the coin has semi-PL surfaces just like the early S mint morgans so while I captured the color.....

1885BCRev4.jpg

The image was lifeless and did not exude the pop and luster the coin has in hand. So after a few lighting changes and a few adjustments to the setting on the old Nikon....

I was able to get this amazing picture which....is probably as close as I am ever going to get to a perfect picture. As you can see the coin has great color and luster and I think the image gives a hint of the "Pop" factor.

So please let me know what you think of the adjustments from the first image to the second......I can't imagine having more fun than imaging new toned coins cloud9.gif

1886RainbowRev.jpg

I can't imagine having more fun than imaging new toned coins

Coin doctor! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I like the second image quite a bit more than the first, but having not seen it in hand, it's hard to know which one captures the color better. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hoot