• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS Trueview photos are in.

14 posts in this topic

I had several--almost 20- coins in for the service so Phil wasnt able to send all via email in large size, so I just requested that he send a few. I think the pics are very accurate in color and brilliance although the 1915 is a bit more pink than I remember. It might just be my monitor.

I am very anxious to see the mega sized photos and will post a few when available.

1913trueview.jpg

1915trueview.jpg

1905PCGSTRUEVIEW.jpg

Hi Chinook -- So glad that you finally received the images. These photos are some of the best that I've seen. Do you have other photos of these coins for comparison with the True View images?

About the 1905: Are the colors that vibrant when the face of the coin is perpendicular to the line of sight; or, instead, is it necessary to "tip the coin" into the light (increase the angle of reflection) to see the flash of those colors? I get the feeling that Phil uses a technique that reveals colors in a straight-on shot that ordinarily are not visible unless the coin is tipped. If so, how does he do that?

Here are two raw photos that I had for the 1913 and 1915. The photos were of the coin and the slab. I just cropped it for size constraints. I made no contrast or color adjustments. I do not have a pic of the 1905. As with any mirrored proof the coin has to be tilted to get the light to reflect off the mirrors and through the toning. The 1905 looks very much like the does when rotated under light. Phil told me that this was a challenging group of coins to photograph.

Because the matte proof do not have mirrors, I think it is much easier to show the surfaces and color.

1915badphoto.jpg1913badphoto.jpg

I really like the TrueView service and Phil does an excellent job especially on toned coins. Yours are outstanding. Just curious...... how long did it take to process your order?

I dropped off the coins at the Baltimore show. They were logged in on 12/22 and Phil first contacted me on 1/24. There were 3 holidays in between, so actual time was about 15-20 business days.