• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN Show Newps......lot's of pictures!!!!

13 posts in this topic

Finally got my computer back on line and decided to image the coins I got at the Fun show.....

1944-S PCGS MS67

44SMercObv2.jpg

44SMercRev.jpg

1939 NGC PR65RB

1939ProofObv2.jpg

1939ProofRev2.jpg

1964 NGC MS64*

1964QTRObv.jpg

1964QTRRev2.jpg

1947-D PCGS MS67

1947DObv.jpg

1947DRev.jpg

1949-S ANACS MS66

1949DimeObv.jpg

1949DimeRev2.jpg

1961 PCGS PR66

1961PRObv.jpg

1961PRRev.jpg

1863 NGC F-233/312 CWT MS65BN

CWTtonerObv3.jpg

CWTtonerRev2.jpg

(1861-1865) NGC F-255/393 CWT MS66BN

KnickerbockerObv.jpg

KnickerbockerRev2.jpg

1960 NGC PR67

1960PR67Obv.jpg

1960PR67Rev.jpg

1939 PCGS MS65RD

1939CentObvB.jpg

1939CentRevB.jpg

I also got another lightly toned 1939 MS65 red from the same seller and it also has some subtle toning on it. I haven't scanned the raw coins I picked up nor a PCGS 1960 PR68CAM quarter....but I think you get the sense of what I was after.

This was the third year I have been to the FUN show and by far the most fun.....it was made all the more special due to the fact that I got to meet a lot of wonderful PCGS, NGC, and TCCS forum members and share stories and drool over coins!!! The show was very busy and when I wasn't manning the TCCS table I was looking through dealer inventory and talking to them about the show. Out of probably 25 dealer I talked too all said there were having a good show. I attended both the PCGS and NGC Registry luncheons....and not just for the free food :lol;

It was a real pleaser to get to meet Julian and D.W Lange autographed a copy of The Complete Guide to Mercury Dimes book for me so I can't wait to read it from cover to cover. After the show large groups of us went out for dinner and on a few occasions met at Ron Sirna's Rental Condo for some serious wine drinking :1Applause;

If you've never been I highly recommend this show to novice and advanced collectors alike. :ThumbsUp;

A special thanks goes out to Chris who was kind enough to get me a great shirt for my birthday......I'll have to take a picture and post it so everyone can see it hail.gif

I appreciate you getting me that 44-S dime. Please ship it to me as soon as you can.

Thanks!

jom

Lou....I belive most of them were acquired afterwords.......but for some reason I did not bring some of my nicer pieces with me???? Can't explain it as I love to look at and show off pretty coins foreheadslap.gif

"Very Nice" coins Shane! I picked up two coins for my 1957 Proof Set. No toners this time. Wish I could have made it to the show.

Each and every one are outstanding. Especially the Army/Navy Civil War Token. That is beyond amazing. It is extraordinary! Love it! hail.gif

• Administrator

What is newps short for? New purchases? Is it a coin-show only term? Doesn't count for regular purchases?

What is newps short for? New purchases? Is it a coin-show only term? Doesn't count for regular purchases?

You got it........but it has started to evolve to other areas like when I bought my Hummer...I posted it as a Newp......but I believe only coin collectors are actively using the term. headbang.gif